Monday, 21 September 2015

Smitten Seven Eight Nine .....



Hello

I've been meaning to write a Smitten update for a while now
I've slowly been stitching away
a snip of time here and a snip of time there



Smitten flower number seven


Smitten flower number eight


Smitten flower number nine







Every now and then I love to get them out of their box 
shuffle through them
and admire the beautiful Liberty tana lawn prints
and how pretty they look together
I'm instantly reminded of where I was
or
what was happening in my life whilst stitching them.
I REALLY love that.
It's becoming a memory quilt.

In my mind it really does feels like I should have more than nine 'flowers' though
more like twenty. But nine is what I have.
(although number ten is in the making)
Still, this is a purposefully  S. L. O. W  quilt
The quote :: 'It's the journey not the destination' springs to mind here
I'm hoping that it will be enjoyed and cherished for many generations to come
maybe by a family member who is not yet even born
(that feels odd to write!)


There is a little more Smitten reading here and here if your interested.


* * * * *


Sweet Bee and I have been busy in the kitchen lately
we've made all sorts .....

Apple sauce
Apple and blackberry compote
Blueberry compote
.....


Apple butter in the making



It's been fun foraging and stashing
I feel like we live in Brambly hedge!



Isn't this the sweetest image?




I've already broken into the apple sauce stash
This cake uses it instead of butter
It REALLY is v.good too




I've also been happily stitching away on some quilted advent calendars for my Etsy shop
although they won't be ready for a few weeks I don't think
I love hand embroidery and this the very relaxing kind as the wording is BIG
sometimes, if my eyes are feeling spritely, I don't even have to wear my specs!

If you'd like to make your own advent calendar don't forget my pattern!
In fact there are two to choose from .....






Thanks for stopping by
wishing you a bright and happy week!


BIG love 
x Jooles x



11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your quilt is almost *too pretty*!!! I mean it! Such lovely makes going on with you, I can't wait to see it all in real life tomorrow! 😘 Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen! I absolutely love it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy and inspiring post. All of your pictures instantly made me want to make everything in it, even the rise petal jam the sweet little mice are making. :) I love your smitten blocks, the text fabric you used is lovely and a really good way to make the liberty shine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly inspiring Jooles! I love all your foraging and preserving - I didn't know about the bug-busting properties of elderberries. As for your quilt blocks, all I can say is that I'm smitten :o) Have a wonderful week. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those smitten flowers are the most delightful things! What a stunning quilt you'll end up with - someday. Process over product wins out every time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work! And beautiful kitchen!
    Hugs,
    Annalisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is so pretty and you're almost done with it!!! Where do you find the time to do it all?! The cake looks super yummy, and your Christmas stitching is perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG double chocolate banana cake with apple butter sounds DIVINE!
    Your advent calendars are so sweet :) I love the bunting one, I've seen a few of those, such a cool idea :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing your flowers come together The shot of them placed together is gorgeous! This is so much hard work - but it will be SO worth it! The memories that are in this quilt -- you'll be able to hold onto them forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smitten is just beautiful. I love EPP and the way something slowly builds up to be just so incredible. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x