Friday, 3 July 2015

Sweetly Stitched Sew-a-Long - Round Two | First Aid pouch



HAPPY FRIDAY!

I hope you're managing to stay cool?
I'm not.
I'm literally about to combust.

If you're from generally hotter climes
we're in the midst of a heatwave here in the UK
I'm sure you're wondering what all the fuss is about
but for us it is HOT HOT HOT!


I wanted to share with you my second Sew-a-long make
(If you're wondering what this 'Sew-a-long' I speak of is ..... please click HERE)


Simple Zipper Patchwork Pouch




I made mine into a First aid pouch
the one I currently use is pretty horrid
a freebie zipper bag. Nasty.
I shall be proud to use my handmade pretty patchy one
whipping it out at any first aid opportunity!







This, believe it or not, was the first time I had inserted a zip into a pouch
not quite sure how I've managed to avoid those scary things up till now
but I had.
It wasn't plain sailing
I should have got an acrylic zip instead of a funky metal one
the thing actually ate two sewing machine needles
anyway that's a lesson learned.
I need more practice.
There'll be plenty more zips in my future
I am DETERMINED to get over my zip phobia. For good.





..... anyone need a plaster?


I've closed my shops for a while
they'll re~open the later end of July
lot's going on here
exciting things .....
my best friend and her family are visiting from Australia
(Oh. Em. Geeeee!)
I also have a holiday coming up soon!


Back soon

BIG love
x Jooles x



9 comments:

  1. Love the first aid pouch. My boys both have their own small kits to take out when they are skateboarding (tho I still get the odd phone call asking me to pick them up because they are injured:S), but I don't think they would appreciate such a pretty pouch! They do like their patchwork quilts though.
    Hope you are staying cool. Have a good weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out very cute? And I like your fabric choices. I need to get my SSbook out again. I've only made one thing so far and now I'm in the mood to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! My first aid pouch is a pound-shop plastic thing, practical but horrid. Yours is soooooo much nicer! I too have a zip phobia. Must rectify that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant, such a pretty first aid pouch! Your work is so beautifully made, dear Jooles, and Amy's book is so inspiring!
    Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a novel idea - my plasters would be proud to be kept in such a pretty pouch - love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely! I need to make a pouch like this to carry my "bits and pieces" for our trip to Italy later this week. It is VERY hot here , too, near Toronto, so I'll be staying indoors in the A/C and stitching something up using yours as an inspiration. Stay cool, Jooles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jooles we immigrated to England from South Africa nearly five years ago and I have to say I struggled during the mini heatwave. It reminded me of how for years and years I just DID NOT cope well with the soaring African temperatures. Bring on England's more moderate temps I say :) {sorry sun and heat worshipers}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic little pouch! Enjoy the Aussie visitors - they'll enjoy the heat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x