Friday, 10 July 2015

Sweetly Stitched Sew-a-Long - Round Three | Polar Bear Pillow



Hello to you!

Here's my make for round three of the 
Sweetly Stitched Handmades sew-a-long
that's happening over on Instagram
(you can read more about it here if you wish)


This is the 'Bear pillow'
mine's a Polar bear obvs.




A Christmas gift to add to my very slow growing stash
but I'll be glad of them when that time comes, I just know it.




I was brave and cut into some of my treasured vintage Laura Ashley stash
It's a pretty small stash so it took courage.
I adore all the pretty fabrics they made in the eighties
I wish so hard they would go back and start manufacturing similar again
I'm pretty sure (in fact, I'd even put money on it) that they would sell VERY well. INDEED.




I didn't need to buy a single thing for this pillow
(pat on the back for me)
I'm trying REALLY hard to use from my vast personal haberdashery!
It's so easy to keep buying new
and let's face it, it's FUN
but I'm trying hard to behave on that front.




The muzzle is some soft soft soft (oh so very soft) Tilda fur fabric
I had bought with the intention of making a Tilda polar bear last year
It's still on my HUGE 'To make' list but I had enough to spare
and I'm so glad I used it as it's irresistibly strokeable.






Here's my makes for round one and round two


On another note .....




My Sweet Bee has been beading
a(nother) new hobby which proves she is, without doubt, mine.

She made this AMAZING bracelet for me ..... I'm a lucky girl.
SO pretty.




I had the most luscious post from Japan ..... even the stamps are a delight.
If like me, you LOVE Liberty of London
you may like to know that I found these on Etsy ..... Lilymeru
not only does she have a beautiful shop, she is also very sweet.




and last but by no means least ..... isn't this rose a delight?
David Austin ~ Queen of Denmark

P R E T T Y


Oakie Dokie my friends ..... I'll see you all soon!


BIG love
x Jooles x



16 comments:

  1. So cute! I need to make a couple of these for my twin grandsons. But I probably shouldn't use pink:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bear is just too too too too too too too cute!!!!!!!! I love him!!!!! I think that you may have a very hard time gifting him!!! Just saying! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much gorgeousness in this post! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is Polar Bear Cushion! He's wonderful! I know what you mean about how much fun it is to buy new fabrics and bits - I find it very hard to resist but am trying too :o)
    Your daughter is so talented, she must get it from you of course.
    Enjoy your weekend with your beautiful roses - are they scented?
    Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam ..... awww thank you for your kind words x Oh yes they smell delicious!
      love Jooles x x x

      Delete
  5. The bear is just so adorable Jooles. I really love him. Did you have a pattern to follow? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon ..... thank you x The pattern is from Amy Sinibaldi's fab book Sweetly Stitched Handmades, there are so many gorgeous things in there to make!
      love Jooles x x x

      Delete
  6. Loved your post Jooles , what a wonderul bear pillow , my husband brought me a rabbit one years ago I love anything pretty and cute. You made a great job .
    Oh yes those materails would sell so well today , maybe they will come back , we can only hope .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh joules, you Just keep surpassing yourself, this is so cute! Lucky someone getting that for Christmas.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. So pleased to hear I am not the only one who is collecting up gifts for Christmas. I say that I'm going to do it every year to make things easier but I never do. This year WILL be different though :)
    Love Gem x x
    Gem'sCountryLifeDream

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much loveliness in one post love the rose and really really love the polar bear cushion, so gorgeous such wonderful fabrics and wow lucky you with such a stunning bracelet.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely post.....I enjoyed all the images. The polar bear pillow is gorgeous, and I love the pretty bead bracelet and those adorable stamps!
    Happy weekend, dear Jooles!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. This bear is so beautiful, there will be a very luck person on your Christmas list when they receive this. I have to admit to being jealous of your Laura ashley stash, I really miss all of those old, classic Laura ashley prints. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Laura Ashley fabrics from the 80s too! And the dresses! swoon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x