Sunday, 26 July 2015

Alpine Postcards .....



Hello my friends
I know ..... it's been a while hasn't it?
I've been galavanting about and generally having lots of fun!

Mr Sweet & I ventured off on our own, to Austria
(its' the first time EVER that we've had a whole week away on our own!)
this stunning country has been on my wish list for ALWAYS & for EVER
and Oh. It did not disappoint!
Not. One. Bit.
Everywhere you look is just like a beautiful postcard
l'd love to show you .....

(apologies in advance ..... there are a million photos ahead of you!)




We stayed in a beautiful town called Schladming



View from V.high up in a cable car ..... sweaty palms! 

Apple strudel obvs.


Salzburg .....




We took a train
it was a proper adventure
the scenery rushing past the window was utterly breath taking.




Mirabell palace and gardens where Maria and the children sung 'Do-Re-Mi'



This fountain was in The Sound of Music too




We had delicious coffee and cake in Tomaselli where Mozart liked to dine no less!





..... and this was the view from where we sat ..... it takes my breath away.
 











Leopoldskron Palace from The sound of music ..... so beautiful






Just like a real gingerbread house




Holiday stitching (pattern by Lilipopo) ..... I've named her Leisel




We walked for miles and miles and miles and miles .....




Plum dumpling with vanilla sauce and poppy seeds ..... Mmmmmm



Picnic lunch in a wild flower meadow .....







Oh.Em.Gee. Look at that bridge?!
this photo brings back my panic.
We went for a V.long hike up a mountain ..... I was SO proud of myself
I faced a big fear, head on! 
It was mind over matter as I crossed this 50m suspension bridge almost as high as heaven
poor Mr. Sweet had the painful pleasure of holding my sweaty hand! 
but this lake was at the top ..... a pretty good reward I'd say











video

This sound is everywhere ..... 




So long, farewell
Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight ..... to beautiful Austria
 It's safe to say that I left a little piece of my heart there
I'll return one day to collect it I hope.

Thank you for reminiscing with me


Back soon!

BIG love
x Jooles x



14 comments:

  1. thank you for the wonderful trip in Austria, I love the Sound of Music and I could see parts of the trip that was in the movie. You had a grand time. I do hope that you get to go back some day. Big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your trip. It looks wonderful! I love the Sound of Music. This year for Christmas my cousin bought me a puppet lamb that sings the goaterd song! I think I would love to go on this trip. Except I can't imagine crossing that bridge!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived in Austria for a year in high school! I swore at the time that if I hadn't had family waiting for me I never would have left. It's amazing! Thanks for sharing the lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that does it. I want to go! ( Thanks for the beautiful photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos of a beautiful country. I feel like I had a quick tour through the country via your photos. Just lovely. "The hills are alive...."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful place - I haven't been to Austria since I was a child but your photos make me want to revisit - especially the strudel and plum dumpling! I might have to give that suspension bridge a miss though! Adieu.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful for a wet monday morning,thankyou,I went to Austria when i was at school,but would love to go back ,its a beautiful country x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful City.Boa semana.Valéria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I am craving apple strudel! Beautiful, beautiful photos!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with us. BTW, my hand started sweating just looking at your photo of the bridge. Congrats to you for crossing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jooles, how wonderful Austria looks! We stayed in the French Alps before we had our children and it was breathtaking. I have to admit, your photos have given me holiday (and cake...) envy!
    Looks like you both had a well earned break together. It's a bit odd when you find yourselves with time alone from the family- we managed a whole evening :) the other day and it gave me a glimpse of what is around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for taking us on a lovely alpine tour!! I too have left bits of my heart three different times in the Alpine region of Europe, and Salzburg was a big favorite. I had to laugh at your brief video of the cows and their bells. We traveled through Switzerland when they were fertilizing the fields with liquid manure, and we could smell it even with the windows up, holding our breaths, and pinching our noses, LOL! Hope you enjoyed lots of fresh air and flowery smells :) Hugs, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful place! Your pictures are just gorgeous!! I have put Austria on my top ten list now. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooo so envious, this is one place I would love to visit. Thank you your pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous, all of it. Thank you for sharing your postcards with us. I've never been to this region but I know that I'd love it, and not only for the coffee and cake. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x