Sunday, 14 June 2015

Smitten Some More .....



Hello there


I've been happily stitching away on my Smitten flowers
I love how I can pick them up and do a little even when time is short
they are nicely portable too which has been handy lately
projects like that are special, don't you think?
I love how memories get stitched into them along the way too
some holiday stitching ~ some picnic stitching ~ some nattering with friends stitching.

I love them all
couldn't possibly choose a favourite
that would be impossible, like choosing one child over another
It just CAN'T be done.



Smitten flower number three


Smitten flower number four



Smitten flower number five




Smitten flower number six



Here are flowers One and Two if you'd like to see.


Thank you so VERY much for the kind birthday wishes
I had a wonderful day and your messages meant the world to me x
It was Mr Sweet's yesterday and we had a trip to London which was exciting
It's my Mum's today
I feel quite birthday'd out now to be honest, but we're still not quite finished!
We have eaten SO much cake
(my jeans are feeling a little snug today!)


Back soon


BIG love
x Jooles x



P.S Look at the birthday cake Sweet B made for me!




Ginger Hippo Cake
(insanely good :o)
from here


xxx


9 comments:

  1. Your flowers are gorgeous!!! So glad that you had a great birthday, I hope that your Mum is having just as good a day today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those EPP flowers! I didn't realize they were each different:) The colors you chose are so pretty and that text print sets them off nicely.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty smitten with your flowers too! I'm new to patchwork but absolutely love it. Your hippo cake is fantastic. Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the flowers all fit together like puzzle pieces. This is going to be one impressive bit of stitching when it is all completed. And the memories it holds - priceless! Happy Birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - Liberty fabrics are so nice to work with, and English Paper Piecing is my favourite. I made a wall hanging last year using Liberty fabric, but hexagons, and the whole thing looks like a stained glass window. I think there is a picture over on my blog. Belated birthday greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gorgeous flowers, and how wonderfully neat your sewing is!! Your cake looks delicious...what a fun way to decorate it too. We have lots of birthdays grouped together in our family too.....just heading up to our July ones (mine, my mum's and younger daughter's). I hope your mum had a lovely birthday.
    Happy new week, dear Jooles.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too cannot choose a favourite one either I love them all. Happy belated birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Your flower blocks are just beautiful !!! and your sewing skill is so precise! I wish you a Belated Happy Birthday, kiss your loved ones often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake looks scrummy, belated happy birthday's all round :-) I love the flower blocks, espcially the purple one, I am not normally a purple fan but there is something about that block that seems to sing! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x