Tuesday, 23 June 2015

My First Sew-a-Long .....



Hello there
I hope you're having a wonderful week so far
I've been having a LOT of sewing fun!

I decided to join in with a Sew~a~long on Instagram
(My first EVER)
devoted to my lovely new friend Amy's gorgeous book




There are six rounds in the sew~a~long each lasting two weeks
for each round you simply need to complete one project
and with this book I'm spoilt for choice
there are even prizes to be won!
NICE.
It really is a lot of fun and we all cheer each other on
IG's a super friendly and inspirational place.

I'm not sure if I'll manage to find the time for all six rounds
although
It may help me sort out lots of gifts that I need to make
some for new babies, some birthday and I may even get ahead for Christmas (V.V.sorry.)


This is my make for round one  ::  Modern Colour Block Quilt




It seems family babies are a little like buses
none for Sooooo long
(lots of wishing and hoping and dreaming)
and then two come along at the same time
both due in September
both due on the exact same day
both boys!
(I feel that's a little unfair on me ..... I wanted to make a PINK quilt ..... whaaaaaa!)
 what are the chances?!
Our nephew (on my side) and our niece (on Mr. Sweets side)
are both expecting
(not together obvs.)



My first make is for Mr. Sweet's niece's baby
















I LOVED sewing this and am planning a Liberty one next time.

Come and join in the fun ..... I think you'll LOVE it too!

I've already completed my round two make
it's on a much smaller scale
I'll save that for next time.

Thank you for all of your kind feedback on my
Party Bird Brush Roll Tutorial
you give me a big head!
Please show me if you make one ..... that'd REALLY make my day x


Thanks for stopping by
Back soon!

BIG love
x Jooles x


11 comments:

  1. Hi Jooles. What a gorgeous gift. I'm sure she will love it once she is old enough to appreciate it. Maybe one day it will be used for her own babies! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty quilt! Love the colors. We have not had a baby girl in our family yet. Everyone has boys! I'm still hoping for a granddaughter to sew for someday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! So beautifully made Jooles and I love the little touches of embroidery too. Looking forward to your round to make. Have a lovely stitchy week! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jooles, such a lovely little quilt! Love all the extra little stitches you added. The perfect touch!!
    Shari xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindo,parabéns.Beijo.Valéria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I love the stitching the best. All those sweet little sayings and shapes add the perfect detail to a what I am sure will be a cherished gift. I just ordered Amy's book this morning from Amazon. Hopefully I can join in on the IG Sew Along in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty quilt to wrap around a new baby. Lucky little one. Love the stitching on the quilt blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love the quilt, just gorgeous, especially the embroidered touches they make it really special. I would keep that for ever if I was the baby! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your addition of the embroidery, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, sew sweet! Absolutely lovely, especially the embroidery, what a simply beautiful gift, something for the baby to keep & hand down, an heirloom indeed. Love, love,love it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x