Monday, 4 May 2015

Liberty of London Butterflies .....



..... are coming to a shop near you ~ soon!
They have been a long time coming
apologies if you've been waiting

I've been working hard lately
and I'm hoping that by the end of this week
I will have something very exciting in my Etsy shop


Liberty Butterfly Art Canvas








The canvas has nine beautiful Liberty of London butterflies
each in a different and delicious Liberty tana lawn fabric.
The labels are printed with the fabric name and colour for each butterfly
I wanted to give the impression of a Victorian specimen collection
I did consider pins but it felt too cruel to me.
I would also like to add
that these collections are ecologically friendly
which sadly, cannot be said for the Victorian version!
The canvas measures 23cm square
and has a pretty velvet ribbon hanging loop.


A little exciting extra ..... 

I've made the canvases the exact size
to fit into an IKEA 'Ribba' 23cm (9") square box frame
well, I guess, any box frame which fits a 23cm mount would do the trick.
They certainly don't need a frame to look beautiful
in fact I like them just as they are
hung with their sweet velvet ribbon
I just like to give all the options, yer know!




There will also be an option to personalise the canvas
just like the one that I made for my wonderful new pal Amy





can you see, there on the bottom right?
'Dearest Amy'
You'll obviously be able to choose your very own wording
(unless of course it is for an Amy!)

There will be lots more details when I list them in my shop
I'll pop by here and on Instagram to let you know when that is.

They are pretty fiddly and time consuming to make
(I have been dreaming of butterflies!)
so I'll be making them in limited numbers
although I do have plans to make more soon
and other Liberty butterfly creations too!


I was so thrilled that Amy loved her gift
you can read about it here if you'd like to.

Thanks Amy for allowing me to use your photos
(she does have something of a magic touch with her camera ..... wouldn't you agree?)


* * * * * * *

On a completely different note .....
I've been replying to my comments via email lately
and I noticed the other day, that a few have been 'no-reply blogger' addresses
so if you haven't heard from me that could be why
my reply has been forwarded to the email abyss!

Back soon!

BIG love
x Jooles x


15 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! Such a great way to mix up all of those beautiful Liberty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. I really like the simplicity of it, especially the repeated butterfly shape. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're beautiful - and so much kinder than the Victorian variety! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, I love this modern version of the Victorian butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SO SO clever Jooles - these are beyond beautiful !
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job. It's so LOVELY!! I wouldn't sell it if I were you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello lovely Jooles....so pleased to see we are back in sync! Your butterfly canvas designs are just exquisite, so perfectly designed and made. (Amy's photos are gorgeous too!) Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, just so beautiful Jooles. So intricate and detailed, they are just so wonderful! I have a soft spot for butterfiles.

    Have a gorgeous week my friend.......xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love these x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jooles, the photos set it off so well. They are really pretty, what a lovely idea. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jooles, these are gorgeous!!!! I really love them. Will keep an eye on your etsy shop! J9 x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful Jooles you clever lady, I think these will fly out of Etsy! Pun intended :o) Enjoy the rest of the week.
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x