Thursday, 2 April 2015

Happy Easter .....



to you my lovely friends!



Recipe from the one and only Mary Berry ..... obvs.


I can't wait to cut into this
Mmmmmmm
I do love a Simnel cake, don't you?
marzipan really does it for me
and I REALLY love Easter too
it's so full of pretty colours and low key compared to Christmas
it's my favourite holiday by far.
We don't have much in the way of plans
and that's just what I was hoping for
I may finally get around to starting my blanket .....




Do you like my jam jar pin cushion?
It's from Amy's new book
Sweetly Stitched Handmades
WoW that is one BEAUTIFUL book
I keep perusing it's pretty pages
over and over and over again
Amy is one truly sweet person too

I posted this pic on Instagram and Amy asked if she could use it on her blog
'Uh Yes!'
Oh. My. Lordy.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Amy's blog
soooo much loveliness to be found there
in fact I LOVE LOVE LOVE Amy!

That was jolly exciting indeed!


Wishing you a beautiful Easter
full of love, fun, pretty colours and CHOCOLATE!

Back soon

BIG love
x Jooles x


P.S I've just made these for tea!




EXCITED!

14 comments:

  1. That cake looks amazing. I watched Mary and Paul make it the other night on the BBC. I love marzipan so this might be the perfect recipe for our Easter celebrations this weekend. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jam yar is so cute!! And the cake looks delicious. A piece of art :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i love simnel cake too, and usually use the Bero recipe. ....xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter Jooles, I agree I love the low key prettiness of Easter too, by far my favourite holiday as well.
    Simnel cake us good, enjoy!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had Simnel cake but it looks amazing! As do the lava cakes! Your make from Amy's book is so charming!
    Happy Easter, dear Jooles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy looking cakes and that pin cushion is SO cute - I love it. Wishing you a very Happy Easter. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cakes are mouthwatering. I never heard of the name simnel cake but it looks too delicious!
    Wish you Happy Easter days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olá Jooles,amo a clareza de suas fotos,parabéns amiga.Feliz Páscoa.Beijo.Valéria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely looking cake! I love marzipan;) Happy Easter to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cake, and I love your jam jar!! Hope you and your family are having a wonderful Easter, dear Jooles!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh HELLO EXQUISITE SIMNEL CAKE. So beautiful!
    Chocolate melty fondants? I have entered a chocolate reverie now.....I may be a minute

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Simnel cake looks amazing, I love your jam jar and those little chocolatey puds are making my mouth water. Hope you had a good Easter Jooles xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x