Thursday, 23 April 2015

Bees and a Honey Pot .....



Well .....  a birthday for my Sweet B, really is no birthday at all
without at least one handmade gift
stitched with love 
and made especially

 ❤ 

I bought her a gorgeous sewing box from Liberty of London
this print was perfect for her
she dreams about meadows full of wild flowers
(she REALLY does ..... for her bees!)
Luckily they had matching Tana lawn
so I bought some of that too
well ..... that pretty sewing box was crying out for accessories, no?

Firstly I made a honey pot for my honey




You may remember when I made this cute jam jar pinchion
from Amy's beautiful new book Sweetly Stitched Handmades
I couldn't get the idea of honey pot out of my head
it would be just perfect
..... and then I found the cutest bumble pins on Esty!
so then there was no going back.
Ooooh love love love them.



that little Bumble Bee is too cute for words


obviously she would need a needle case too





Those little teeny tiny bees were tricky
but I learnt a new stitch
Bullion stitch
I definitely need more practice





Thanks for popping by and for your wonderfully kind comments
 ❤ 

Wishing you all a sunny and happy weekend

BIG love
x Jooles x




21 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Just too gorgeous for words. What a beautiful and talented mum Sweet B has, that's all I can say! Xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jooles you have nearly outdone yourself! What a perfectly beautiful gift for Sweet B! Everything is so lovely - and the bullion bees are *wonderful*, clever you! See you soon! Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sweetest gift. I love that you give your daughter handmade gifts, mine has always done that for me. I try to do the same for my four but it doesn´t always pan out like I would like. All of these items are so well made and just gorgeous. I like how B is into bees. My oldest girl is 11 yrs old and she has such a fear of them. We are working on trying to fix that problem.

    Truly beautiful work. Great job and congrats on your daughters Birthday!
    Birgitta xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best gift your girl can dream of... that's so very pretty and sweet!!!!
    Something to treasure for lots of years...
    And Happy Birthday Bee :-)!
    Lots of love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful beyond words - what absolutely stunning gifts!!! And happy birthday to your daughter! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! Happy birthday to your lovely Sweet B ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how lovely. You are such a wonderful mom, she will always treasure these gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im loving all the cuteness and love gone in to these fab makes x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how beautiful! I can see why you couldn't resist those cute little bee pins. I'm sure Swee Bee will treasure those lovely gifts.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your Sweet Bee! All your makes in this post are absolutely gorgeous, dear Jooles! So neat and perfect, and such lovely fabrics.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Jooles, what a beautiful and thoughtful gift, your needlework is always perfect. Lucky Sweet B, I hope she had a wonderful birthday. Have a great weekend. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Birthday greetings and happiness to your Sweet B. What a lovely assortment of makes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lucky birthday girl!! So fun to see her handmade presents.(-: Can't wait til your Etsy shop is open again!! Happy weekend....
    Anne D.T. xxx
    PC22

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delightful handmade gifts, oh my! The pincushion jars are so cute. I like your stitched details on the needlework, and that Tana lawn fabric is pretty. (Smile)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are absolutely beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Speechless, well wordless, I love these so much. Happy birthday to Sweet Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! She must have squealed with glee when she saw what you had made. I know I would have! I haven't bought Amy's book yet, but I really must get my hands on a copy. I need a jam jar pincushion too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a little behind with my commenting, but my goodness Jooles, how pretty are these?? The front of the needle case is so pretty, those little bees are super cute! I bet Sweet B was over the moon with it all xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x