Monday, 6 October 2014

A Sweetie A Weekie .....



Hello ..... Happy Monday
It's an extremely wet Monday here
I like it
a LOT
but I'm lucky 
I don't need to leave the house today
and can enjoy coffee in my new panda mug
to my hearts content






Sweet B and I have decided to try and make


A Sweetie A Weekie
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


In reality, it may not actually happen EVERY week
but we'll try ..... 
it's just that
'A Sweetie A Weekie'
has a fun sound to it
don't you think?

We were super inspired by Sweets made Simple on TV recently
did you see it?
Oh Miss Hope & Mr Greenwood
I think I'd like to live with you .....

Week One :: Walnut Whips












It was FuN
although for a very simple recipe
(or so it seemed on TV)
we made it seem ultra complicated
and made such a mess
still, we've learnt how to temper chocolate ..... almost professionals now I'd say!

They were extremely YuM
we did have some issues
the main one being that our moulds were too big
 this caused MANY small problems
and very BIG walnut whips
but we've learnt our lesson 
and have decided upon a little shopping trip
 to buy our professional sweet making supplies
E X C I T I N G!


On a completely different note
I've finally made up my new bunting advent calendar designs for 2014
whoooo hoooo









Which is your favourite?
me? ..... I'm a sucker for Tilda

I'm jolly sorry to bring the 'C' word into play so early!

You can now find them in both of my shops
&

I make them to order but I do have a few ready made ones in my Etsy shop


and don't forget ..... if you fancy making your own
you can find my pattern here in my Etsy shop





Iv'e been pretty busy on Instagram lately
so here's a little taster for you




I'm @thesweetviolet on there
there's a link to me on my sidebar
or just click here
come and say 'Hi'
it's really fun over there!

Thank you SO much for all of the kindest welcome back messages
on my last post ..... your so sweet
I'd wondered if you may have forgotten about me 
I was away too long


There's going to be lots of short and sweet posts this week
things I'd like to show you
Warning :: You'll be sick of me by friday!
sorry about that ;o)

Wishing you a tranquil and cosy new week

Back soon

BIG love
x Jooles x




13 comments:

  1. It is so lovely to catch up on all that you have been up to, very busy indeed!! Love your new? chopping board that I spied, that is the sort of thing that I bring back from my travels!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved Sweets Made Simple, I want to live with them too! I've got the book, the thermometer and my heavy bottom ;) but the only thing I've made so far is the coconut ice, it was good though. Need to make more!!! Your walnut whips look delish. :)
    Gorgeous bunting as always!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sweetie-making plan! Looking forward to seeing all the yummy things you'll be making.....
    Of course, I also love the advent buntings. I couldn't choose a favourite, though. They're all gorgeous!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a thing for toadstools lately so you can easily imagine which one of your (all splendid!) buntings is my favourite ^_^ Those walnut whips made me droll... they look soooo yummy... I'm not a big walnut fan but if there's chocolate I'm fine! ^_^ Chocolate will save the world ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jooles, I've just been catching up with your last post. What a fab time you had away. I'm so glad you got to go, and that things seem to have all gone ok with your operation and you are healing well.

    Gosh sweets, yum they do look good. I'd eat the whole lot, I have no restraint! I'm trying to be good, but testing times call for treats, and I have been quite naughty this past month! ooops! I must be good....I must be good...........

    Have a super week......all grotty here too today. First day I've need snuggly clothes!

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Sweetie and Weekie sounds just right! I love it.
    Your advent bunting banners are very pretty too. I think I like the Woodland Friends or Red Blue best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a delicious looking sweetie. Nothing like chocolate and nuts. The sun is shining here, still, although we keep wondering how much longer before the rains begin.
    Your Advent calenders are darling, and I'm partial to the Tilda fabrics, but also the woodland friends. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The walnut whips look amazing! I like the snowmen best though they are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Think I like the Fairy Toadstools best, though I'm not into the Christmas zone yet!
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sweetie a weekie sounds good to me. I loved Sweets Made Simple and the book is top of my Christmas list. The walnut whips look delicious. Your advent calendars are all so lovely it's hard to say which one I like best but I have a soft spot for Tilda too. It's lovely to see you back blogging again. Have a great week.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Advent calendars are the best!!!
    Hugs, Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sweetie a weekie sounds like a fab idea, it's just a shame that we can't taste them! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x