Monday, 7 April 2014

Two girls about town .....


It's all a bit rainy here today
although I do LOVE a rainy day from time to time
I was glad for a dry day last Friday though
Sweet B and I headed into the big city
London
It was fabulous FUN
and really wonderful to escape the chaos that is home right now

We had tickets for the Selvedge Spring Fair
which was held in Chelsea old town hall
it was both a pretty and quirky venue
There were so many interesting and talented artists there
with VERY tempting wares
Oh. The. temptation.
I was very restrained though
(it was jolly painful but there has been a LOT of money spent here of late
 ..... kitchens seem to be gigantic money guzzlers)






Apologies for the lack of photos
I was so excited that I actually forgot about them






These were my purchases
see I said I was controlled
and the notecards are a gift!
so really thats only TWO purchases.


After a leisurely two rounds of the fair
 we wandered back outside
 to track down a delicious cake shop that we had spied on our journey in




Just look at those beauties .....




It was a VERY hard choice
but in the end we went for
a honey cake and a papaya and coconut cake
as is usual for us, we cut them in half and shared
Oh .... and a watermelon, pineapple and grapefruit smoothie too
Gosh it was all so good
we ate them VERY slowly as we both said that we wanted them to last for ever
Mmmmmmmmmmm
sadly they did not.

Feeling refreshed and revitalised
we set off to find Shaukat
it was a nice walk though impressive streets
some lined with blossoming trees




these trees were so 
BeAuTiFuL
we kicked up the fallen blossom as we walked and chattered




but even the beautiful tree blossom 
couldn't compete with what we saw after entering Shaukat
walls and walls and walls and walls of luscious liberty of London fabric 
after having a heart bursting moment or two
we browsed the shop
although I have to say
 the atmosphere in there was far from relaxed
it seemed as if the staff had fallen out 
the atmosphere was thick with tension
but we weren't going to let that spoil our fun




It was REALLY hard to decide
I had set myself a limit of two metres
I got a half metre of each of these beauties




I love them so much
the colour combinations just floor me. Always.
I'll be at the gazing stage for quite a while 
before I'll be able to cut into them
I'll let you know when I move on

We had a wonderful time 
Sweet B and I
browsing, shopping, eating and chitter~chattering all day long
but the best part of the day for me
was to spend time 
with my wonderful love

We're all feeling a little weary today
after having a busy weekend
full of dismantling, cleaning and painting
and many other various un~nice tasks.




This is what our kitchen looked like last night
not very kitcheny
It amazes me how much hard work it has taken to make my kitchen so messed up!
B U T
today we move forward 
Oh Yes
This week our new kitchen is FINALLY being installed
and even though tonight I will be washing up in the bath
I really don't mind.

Update coming soon!

BIG love 
x Jooles x


21 comments:

  1. Looks lovely, wish I lived nearer to London.
    Good luck with the kitchen!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breath Breath....Oh my Liberty Love!!!! Sounds like a perfect day out. Your kitchen is going to be lovely!! S xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh I do love London....sounds like a great day...yummy fabric and cake too. Hope the kitchen is finished soon......looking forward to seeing the photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day out....it sounds just perfect, and your photos are a real treat too! I have been at the no-kitchen soon to be lovely-kitchen stage myself, a few years ago, and it will be so blissful once it is installed and you can use it, and worth all the washing up in the bath!
    Wishing you a happy week, lovely Jooles!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a super day out. And those cakes: mmm-mouthwatering! I used to work next to Chelsea Town Hall and just by seeing the picture was intrigued to find out why you'd visited.

    Good luck with the kitchen - it'll be lovely when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to London and I love those Liberty Prints. BTW, when you said you were taking some time off, I didn't think you'd be ripping out a kitchen and having a new one installed! Hardly a rest, but I bet it will be simply gorgeous when it's done and more than worth all the mess x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello lovely Jooles,

    A day out with your sweet daughter must have really helped you forget your kitchen for a few hours. And, seeing your first fabric choice - very pretty indeed - I cannot help but ask you whether you've seen the 'Sweet As Honey' fabric collection? Here's one example which I think you might like:

    http://etsy.me/1hxNlJL

    I too have been splurging a little on Liberty fabrics. There's a beauty with cowslips and various spring flowers which I have fallen in love with.

    Happy sigh,

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there lovely Stephanie ..... thank you for your kind comment and thank you too for the fabric recommendation, goodness I have just had a look and they are SO pretty!
      Love Jooles x x x

      Delete
  8. Lovely post, Jooles! I don't know where to begin . . . that fabric! SO gorgeous! I bet you pet it each day! And those trees in blossom where amazing! Do you know what kind they are by any chance? I don't NEED another tree, but . . . ;)
    Glad the kitchen is finally being installed- so excited for you! Happy happy days with your sweet B and a new kitchen on the way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there dear Jenniffer, thank you for your lovely comment. I think the trees are a 'flowering cherry' but i may be wrong, all I know is that they were absolutely beautiful and made our eyes pop out!
      love Jooles x x x

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful day! You certainly deserve a fun day out with Sweet B...and what great treats! I NEED to go to that Liberty shop...and eat more cake! Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, those stacks of fabrics. Drool worthy. What a lovely way to spend time with your daughter. Hope the kitchen installation goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting to be forging ahead with the kitchen this week! It will be worth all the upheaval, I'm certain. Sounds like a lovely day up in London with Sweet B. I was meant to be doing very similar yesterday - visit to Shaukat but Westfield instead of Selvedge! But my conscientious daughter wanted to get stuck into revision, so our trip is planned for Thursday now. Can't wait to get in amongst those Liberty-filled shelves! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a wonderful day Jooles and, oh wow, that fabric shop! You did well to be so restrained! Have a lovely week.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I must say I am surprised you didn't move in to that fabric shop, how on earth did you manage to leave or did they push you out of the shop :-) Yey to a new kitchen, hope it gets fitted quickly for you x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a lovely day out with your gorgeous girl! I keep paging back up on my iPad to swoon at your beautiful Liberty fabric!!
    Can't wait to see your new kitchen :)
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jooles,

    Oh, you lucky duck -- strolling through London, checking out the Selvedge Fair, yummy cakes, pretty cherry blossoms, Liberty fabric and all with your daughter at your side -- How perfect! I can't wait to see your fully installed kitchen!

    Happy Spring!

    Beata xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful!! It looks like the perfect day out, a fabric shop, a craft fair, and cake too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad that you were having such a good time that you forgot to take pictures, I am sure that your deserved a nice day out after living with all of those house renovations! I hope that things are progressing well though now. Your fabric choices are so pretty too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a wonderful adventure and wow that fabric, enjoy. Hope the kitchen is up and running soon
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely Jooles so sorry for the delay in commenting on your wonderful blog, life is very very busy at the moment and for all the wrong reasons sadly so I am working hard to catch up with all your wonderful news. I am so envious of your trip to London - my most favourite place in the world - and you were so good too. I am afraid that I would be like a banshee rushing around buying everything in the place and definitely nothing left for cake! Your kitchen will be gorgeous just like you. Have a lovely weekend, big hugs and loves
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x