Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Things are popping up & looking up .....


Hello my sweets




It really does feel like spring is just hiding around the corner now
it will be made VERY welcome when it arrives




This is the view from my kitchen window at the moment
it certainly makes washing up less of a chore




The garden is just waking up from its long slumber
I'm a bit too excited
spring is by far my favourite of all seasons
fresh, new and hopeful










The plumbers are long gone ..... for now that is
calm has been restored, temporarily
and I am loving it!
Carpenters next
I can't imagine that will be any quieter
although one is my brother-in-law and he is very lovely indeed
so it doesn't feel such an intrusion.


I have even managed some peaceful sewing this week
I've added three new designs to my 'Sew Sweet' bunting collection
these have been one of my biggest sellers on Not On The High Street

The new ones are ~
Tilda Pink Grey
Tilda Blue Pink
Rosie Posie

You can find them here in my NOTHS shop
I keep meaning to list them in my Etsy shop
it's just one of those jobs that I've not got around to
I have a long list of those ..... far too long
I will try and do that soon though




I've also been playing with my Liberty of London butterflies again
I have a whole new range of goodies up my sleeve
I am so excited to show you
but I'm not quite ready yet
so I must contain myself


My lovely boy has returned to work this week
he will be on part~time hours for a few weeks
and although extremely tired
he's coping pretty well after almost 14 weeks at home
I am apparently 'fussing too much'
well it's hard not too
but I do have a sneaky sense of freedom once again!


I can't believe that February is almost over
where on earth did that go?
and that reminds me ..... I've not yet finished February's cross stitch
I'd better get a move on

Wishing you a wonderful week
and thanks for popping by

Back soon

BIG love 
x Jooles x


18 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! I was out in my garden at the weekend. I haven't been out there for what feels like months, but saturday was nice and I ventured out. It was so lovely to see signs of spring......finally! I was super excited to see the crocus and daffs shooting up in abundance. The peonies are shooting through the ground too and greenery is happening on my roses. Ahhhhhh I cannot wait. I have felt that I have been most affected by the weather this year than ever before.

    Beautiful bunting....all so gorgeous to the eye!

    Have a super rest of a day! xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunting is lovely! And those flowers! You are just teasing us snow laden Canadians - it will be a while before I see any crocuses in our yard!
    Enjoy your Spring!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photographs of your spring bulbs. Great news about your son too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so lovely to see spring springing again. The daffodil fields are beginning to turn yellow once again. Really cheery after this awful winter x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Jooles
    What a view from your window!! I envy you! :-) Spring cannot come fast enough I'm thinking....my favourite time of the year!
    Gorgeous bunting!

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made some lovely buntings and your garden is full of spring, beautiful. We had some nice sunny days and I was out in the garden all day, so much to do, but I feel so happy to be busy in greenhouse and soil again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty flowers peeping out is always a good sight. Glad things are improving for your son. I love your bunting too! I hate having work done on my house, but hopefully if one of the carpenters is a relative they will be fairly considerate. Next door to me have been having an extension built over the last few months and although the builders have been great it is lovely to have the family moved back in now.Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pleased your son is well enough to go back to work. Its a horrible illness and takes a while for your strength to build back up. As I said in one of my other posts, I had it twice as a child and I can still remember the feeling of debilitation even now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodie, things are really looking up! A lot of lovely, positive news in this post, I'm so very happy! Cxxx ps LOVE the new buntings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pics and pretty bunting, Spring has Sprung here to, glad things are getting better for you
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden is gorgeous! Glad your son's on the mend.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice to know that your boy is well!!!!
    enjoy your hints of spring, xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden looks lovey, it's so nice to see the spring isn't it. So pleased your son is getting better. Can't wait to see more of those butterflies. Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad to hear that your son is finally back at work- that's very encouraging. I hope he'll be able to ease back in without over doing it.

    Gorgeous buntings and spring-ish flowers! We aren't quite there yet over here, but it's coming! I was actually out in the garden for a bit a couple days ago and it was wonderful!
    Oh, but I was SORE afterwards!

    Have a lovely week Jooles!
    (can't wait to see Feb's cross stitch!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. February has flown by, hasn't it? January seemed to last for an eternity. But it's so nice to have lighter evenings and see flowers coming up. Gorgeous bunting, I love that you have "bestsellers" - you are such a success! I hope you know that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pleased to read your boy is feeling better! And what an enviable view from your kitchen window ... mine looks out across the road so not so pretty.Love the new bunting. Happy (almost) spring Jooles x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely to hear that everything is looking up ... spring definitely brings joy ... have a lovely weekend ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear that your lad is on the mend, it will be good for him to get back to some kind of normality and hopefully get some strength back as I reckon he's probably wiped out! I'm sure he appreciates your fussing which is really just loving :-)

    The bunting is looking fab as always Jooles :-) Glad you've been able to seek some sewing sanctuary in the DIY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x