Thursday, 13 February 2014

Posh carrots .....


Do you remember the little hint I shared in my last post?
well I guess it was more than a hint really
it was quite obvious what it was!




Yes it's a carrot

~ A Posh Carrot ~

I bet you didn't guess the 'Posh' bit?!

Oh yes indeedy ..... these are not your ordinary common or garden carrots
No ..... these are cashmere and Liberty of London carrots no less

I sound like like an M&S TV add
 I guess its was inevitable really
as after all, they are made from an M&S cardigan




I had stashed away my beautiful cashmere cardigan a while ago
 it was such a beautiful shade of peachy orange
sadly it was too small and had holes in it
this meant that it wasn't even good enough to send to charity
and I just couldn't bear to throw it in the bin
who could?
so I stashed it away in my fabric cupboard
knowing that one day I would do something lovely with it




Then a few days ago
 Posh carrots were born
not in the slightest bit useful in any way
but very cute








Perfect for Easter or carrot lovers
you can find them here and here


Before I go I need to say a BIG thank you for all the get well wishes
that you sent for my lovely boy
he says 'thank you' too
you are SO brilliant!

I am a VERY behind on blogging life
a million apologies
please forgive me if I don't get back to you
there is just not enough hours in a day at the moment
being Florence Nightingale and trying to be a kitchen designer is rather demanding
just to say
I adore your comments and love each and every one

THANK YOU TRILLIONS


Back soon

BIG love
Jooles
x x x




24 comments:

  1. That cardigan must have been lovely and soft. The carrots look really cute. Glad your son is on the mend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 'Posh Carrots' Jooles, such a pretty colour, that must have been a beautiful cardigan!
    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would they need to be useful......pretty is all they need to be and indeed that is what they are! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, they're lovely. very inventive xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful Jules, you are so imaginative and clever.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine carrots in my shoes ( as a sachet)...a fresh idea and perfect for Spring?
    Cashmere and Liberty of London sounds indeed very 'posh'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are lovely, a great way to enjoy an old loved cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very posh carrots indeed ... just gorgeous ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are some very posh carrots indeed!! Only for very special people on very special occasions. Very pretty though and a great upcycle of your treasured jumper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!!! they are really gorgeous!!!! good thinking!!!! it's such a great idea in how to recycle something you had loved so much!!!! ;oD
    xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! Posh carrots!!! How fantastic!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are just fab, Jooles - very posh indeed! Now you'll need to create some posh Easter bunnies to keep them company ;-)
    Happy weekend,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How utterly lovely! The prettiest little carrots I ever did see! Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these little posh carrots, absolutely adorable! Have a lovely weekend.
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amei conhecer o seu blog,achei maravilhoso.Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love the posh carrots! They are like a deluxe, grown up version of what you'd find in a toy kitchen. I've always liked fabric food for some reason. They look very pretty all piled together. You are so creative.

    Sorry your boy is still unwell, I hope he's getting better with each day that goes by. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jooles your carrots are so sweet and cute, what a lovely idea. Hope the little Peep is feeling better and that you are looking after you too. Have a lovely weekend, loves and hugs
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Prettiest carrots that I have ever seen . . . watch out for rabbits :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore your posh carrots I've been having great fun making posh strawberries x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jooles and sorry to hear about your poorly boy. Glandular fever is horrible, I hope he's on the mend. He's certainly in the best of hands and surrounded by lots of loveliness, posh carrots included - you are so super creative and it's such a great way to put a much loved jumper to good use! Being Florence Nightingale takes it's toll though so I hope you are getting some rest and time to yourself to keep your batteries topped up! Take care of yourself and your special ones x

    ReplyDelete
  21. ohhhh these are really beautiful, what a great idea, Becca x

    ReplyDelete
  22. In the nicest possible way these carrots are completely bonkers and I LOVE them! I spotted it in your last post, and I was a bit confused, but I totally get it. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Jooles,
    Your carrots are the sweetest ever!.... Another fabulous Jooles idea! I am also very behind in all that is to do with blogging... Hope that March has started up nicely for you!

    Beata xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x