Monday, 6 January 2014

Happy Twenty Fourteen!



Hello there my friends
It feels like so long ago that I last posted
I feel very out of practice
I just didn't know where to start
so I gave myself a stern talking to
'Just get on with it!'
So here I am

~ Hello ~

I hope you had a magical Christmas
and are having a good start to the new year
I for one was rather glad to say farewell to 2013



(I stumbled upon this pin ..... the hunt began for the cutter, I found it in Australia
it's a jolly good job I have a bestie who resides there!)

We had a lovely Christmas
although a little bitter~sweet at times
we had LOTS of fun and ate WAY too much
we enjoyed each others company 
and our familiar traditions 
which are so comforting and hold so many precious memories
layer upon layer, year upon year

My wishes for 2014 are for Peace, Simplicity & Health
I shall be trying hard to encourage copious amounts of these into my life

I am really rubbish at keeping resolutions
so this year I've decided to set myself an

. . . Intention . . .

sounds much less scary I feel
my Intention for this shiny new year is
to be kinder to myself
slow things down
look after myself ..... Mind ..... Body ..... Soul
and cherish those I hold dear

My lovely boy is poorly again
he's tucked up in bed
(I have been cherishing him)
it seems that glandular fever is not quite finished with him yet.

Sweet B is now back at uni 
Where on earth did that three weeks go?
missing her SO much
She will have her head buried in books and lecture notes
readying herself for exams in a couple of weeks
I will be texting her to remind her to eat!

I've put myself back on the 5:2 diet
every piece of clothing I own is VERY sung
The Baileys & Quality Street were dee~licious
(homemade marshmallows & reindeer cookies too)
but now I must pay the price!
500 calories is mean.



(Marshmallows using this recipe ..... thank you Miss Hope x)


I have LOTS to show you
so I'll be back soon!

BIG love
 x Jooles x


 P.S  You did make me giggle with your elf names from my last post
mine 
~ Puddin Toe~Bells ~
 turned out to be quite appropriate
 the first name anyway
I don't actually have jingly toes but I do look a little like a Puddin ~ sadly.



21 comments:

  1. Hi Jooles,
    So lovely to have you back! Glad you had a great Christmas....I think your 'intention' is marvellous and perhaps we should all take a leaf out of your book and slow down a bit :)
    Happy 2014!
    Love Caroline x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and your family Jooles ~ I hope it's a good one for you all! Loving those reindeer cookies too :O)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! A new year's post! :)
    Gosh those marshmallows are making me drool. I'm not a big marshmallow person, but THOSE look amazing.
    Yes, I am right there with you in not minding the wave good-bye to 2013. I hope all your intentions for this year come to fruition!
    All the very best to you (and health to your boy),
    Jenniffer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Oh I do *love* the 'intention' rather than 'resolution', I am totally with you on that! And your intentions are perfect and just what you need, methinks (and I know where you live so I'll hold you to them!) ;-) can't wait to meet up, Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there Jooles....wishing you the bestest 2014....500 calories is probably in my two morning coffees and croissants!!
    bestest daisy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you and your family happy times and good health (especially that boy of yours) in 2014!!! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Jooles ... wishing you a wonderful one ... and yes intentions are definitely the way to go ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Jooles!
    Glad you had a lovely Christmas.
    We enjoyed Percy staring down at us from the tree. I can't believe it's all over already. Boo!
    Best wishes for 2014 - I hope it brings you the very best of everything! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see you again Jooles. Happy New Year. I hope that your intentions go very well for you this year and that your son is better soon, and that your daughter does very well in her exams. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your son feels better soon. The time did fly by. 500 calories is not enough. I did 400 ages ago and couldn't move off the couch. Here's to a great new year. Those reindeer cookies are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have been neglecting my Blog so with you on that one! Those Marshmallows look AMAZING!! Been pinning lots of recipes to make them on my pinterest but have never got round to actually making them. I tried the 5:2 diet just before Christmas, found it really good actually but I'm back on Weight Watchers now which is going fantastic :) All the best for 2014 and look forward to reading your posts

    Nicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Jooles,

    I wish you all much health, joy and peace! May 2014 be filled with moments of love and creativity. I'm so sorry your son is poorly still. Glandular Fever does linger a long while, doesn't it? You must feel rotten to see him so but it will pass, soon, soon.

    I too took a rather long break from blogging and I too am watching what I eat! I'm doing my best to cut out all sugar from my diet. It's only been seven days but I feel happy to be trying.

    Warmest wishes,

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to see you again Jooles! I'm glad you had a lovely family Christmas. I hope all goes well for you and your son gets better soon. Good luck to Sweet B in her exams! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. snap - I've really struggled with my blog in the last year and neglected it. It's top of my list this year to try and post at least once a week. I just posted yesterday about being organised with lots of free planners and downloadables, all of which are now printed and in my binder ready to start as I mean to go on :O) Hope your son feels better soon. Lots of luck and good wishes for 2014 x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Lovely. I always enjoy your post so glad you got back to it!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year to You All. I also ate far too much over the holidays and need to diet, but there are still a few goodies hanging around that will need to be eaten first! :) Hope your son feels better soon, g fever is horrible - my daughter still has health issues related to it. Good luck to your daughter for her exams. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy new year to you and your family. I hope your boy gets better soon and good luckto your daughter.
    Marion x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year to you and your family Jooles...may it be full of good times and happy creative days!
    I'm missing my girls too and tell myself they will soon be home again (because time does fly by so fast these days!)....Best wishes to your Sweet B in her exams and hope your son is feeling much better soon...x
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back and Happy New Year, dear Jooles. I was hoping you had a lovely Christmas break with your family. Very sorry to hear your son is still poorly. I love your intention. Here's to another year of blogging. best wishes for Sweet B's exams!!
    Anne and all xxx
    PlumCreek Studio

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year Jooles, lovely to see you back. I hope you get your wishes for peace, simplicity and health and that your boy is on the road to recovery soon. I love the idea of an 'intention' rather than a 'resolution', in fact, my resolution last year was to not make any resolutions (because I'm rubbish at keeping them)! I too have been struggling with a first post of the year, so I'll take a leaf out of your book and just get on with it!
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy New Year lovely Jooles! So happy to see you back :0) Those reindeer biscuits are sooo cute, I love to see what you've been making. I too are feeling a little snug in my clothes, so am starting to eat more healthier foods but we still have heaps of chocolate to eat! Hope lovely G is on the road to recovery xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I l♥ve it that you do

Go On ..... Please leave me a comment ..... you know you want to really ~ It’ll make my day & I’d love to know what you think

I moderate my comments so it won’t appear on the post until I have read it.

If you ask me a question please pop back as I will always try to answer, you’ll find my answer under your original comment.

Love Jooles x x x