Thursday, 25 April 2013

little orchard flowers



A sunny 'Hello' to you

Ahhhh isn't it lovely to be finally in the swing of spring?




You may remember last autumn when
I wrote a post about our tiny orchard at the very top of the garden
you can read about it here if you like
I planted it with lots of narcissi bulbs
all from Sarah Raven
(as always, love love love Sarah Raven, always superior)
It was hard work
I got blisters for my efforts
poor hands
BUT
Oh. My
It was SO worth it


It has been a slow start to the growing season
just like us, the flowers didn't want to come out and brave the cold
but the sun has been shining recently
Hurrah
and my beautiful Narcissi are starting to do their 'thing'




















There are still lots more to flower .....


Sadly some have been attacked by the lawnmower 
before they even had their moment of glory
Mr Sweet was in my very badest of books that day
grrrrrrr .....





This little tiny beauty is called
Narcissi 'Minnow'









Narcissi 'Pueblo'








Narcissi 'Milner'





I LOVE them all
and there are still two varieties to show themselves
I can't wait to see them
(wish they'd hurry up now)
I like to drink my morning coffee in the little orchard
it really fills my heart with joy


My next project is to plant a Dahlia bed
but more on that another day .....

Thank you so very much for visiting me here
and for all of your lovely comments on my last post 


By the way
there is a FABULOUS spring bulb sale at Sarah Raven right now 
up to 50% off
and if you spend over £15 you get a Free Dahlia 'Fascination'
by entering the code FASCINATE

just click on the picture below to get there
I know where I'm off to .....


back soon
lots of love 
x Jooles x



16 comments:

  1. Oo so beautiful! Poor Mr. Sweet... ;o)...
    Love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the photos, Jooles, it's beautiful. There's something so satisfying and happy-making about bringing flowers or greenery from your own garden into your home. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty, Jooles! I would love a little orchard filled with sweet narcissi! Your photos are so pretty.
    Have a happy weekend!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you have certainly been rewarded for all your hard work, beautiful! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember you planting those last fall, and I have waiting for this post for months! And here they are! Oh my, they are gorgeous- seriously the most delicate little beauties I've ever seen. They look like flower pixies. :)

    And I completely understand the dark glances at your mister- I know the feeling well. I've lost whole bushes to my husband's 'pruning' and two years ago when he trimmed the cheery tree he just took all the branches off the side that faced the sidewalk and left everything else- I was horrified at how bad it looked and all he could think of was that it would be years and years until he'd have to deal with them growing anywhere near the sidewalk again! That tree still looks grossly misshapen. men! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello sweet Jooles, I am so happy spring is there in your beautiful part of England! Your narcissi is gorgeous! I loved seeing the different varieties and your lovely orchard! It would fill my heart with joy to sit there too, especially with you sweetie! I am so sorry Mr. Sweet mowed some down! Bless your heart! Have a happy rest of the week! Lots of love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely flowers, perhaps an idea to plant some miniature ones around my potted fruit trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't feel like spring has totally won the battle here yet, but all the lovely flowers are great to see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are simply beautiful. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is lovely to see the flowers all coming to life. I have so many beautiful narcissus blooming from the giveaway I won on your blog last autumn!
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely daffodil show in your garden and.....so recognizable that your husband hit your daffodils with the lawnmower, I can tell you stories.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful!! Wishing you a sunny and sweet weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you've displayed those pretty little spring blooms! So simple, but so beautiful! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous, they are such a 'happy' little flower :)
    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful flowers......My mother always had narcissi and tulips in her Spring garden.
    Sorry to be so late with a comment. Happy Spring

    From America,
    Anne D.T.
    PlumCreek22

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x