Monday, 28 January 2013

Hexi cushion Ta-Da & a natter


Hello lovelies
Hooray ..... we saw the sunshine this weekend
that was so nice.
I hope you had some sunshine too
mind you, I am ashamed by my kitchen windows
tomorrow they will be shiny and clean.

Our Sweet B came home for the weekend
after all of her exam stress she need some TLC
and I was more than happy to supply it
any excuse
we had a go at making rum babas
let's just say we won't be making them again
they were a bit of a fail
hence no photo!
but the process was fun
:o)


I have been meaning to show you my new cushion .....




I've been drooling over all of the gorgeous hexi projects I've been seeing
in blogland and on Pinterest for some time now
 and was itching to give it another go 












 I remember making hexies as a teenager
 Oh yes ..... I was a bit a raver as a teen!
They are SO addictive
I have started a matching one
it will have to be smaller though
 as I haven't got quite enough velvet left to make one the same size
but I think that will be nice





Percy Pecker has been out and about
 what a handsome little fellow he is
he looks so perfect in the snow
mind you, it's almost all gone now
 it was lovely for a while but I am happy to see some green now
COME ON SPRING

Wishing you all a happy and creative week
and thanks for your sweet owl comments
you really made me giggle
I'll be back in a few days with my first 'Bake a month'
I'm excited
I tried the recipe out at the weekend and it didn't last long
YUM

Back soon
BIG love
x jooles x
 


23 comments:

  1. hi, what a beautiful stitched project, the velvet border just sets it off, ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of the velvet....
    And those matching fabrics are so pretty...
    All in all: you've made a fantastic,beautiful cushion!
    Love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cushion, so pretty! it must take pride of place sweetie :)

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful hexie cushion, and I love the pretty velvet border!! Gorgeous! Have a wonderful week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hexie cushion, very pretty.
    Glad you had some daughter time this weekend.
    Oh and yes, COME ON SPRING! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cushion is one of my favorite hexi projects. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cushion is lovely - the velvet is such a beautiful colour!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colours look beautiful together, you've done a great job! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cushion looks gorgeous- I love sewing hexagons. there is something so soothing about going back to traditional techniques. Glad you had a lovely, sunny weekend with your girl- I'm becoming aware that I need to make the most of my time with mine as she is in college now and it won't be long before she is looking at unis, etc!
    Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cushion is fantastic! What great colors . . . so cheery! It definitely makes a statement (as in 'I'm so pretty') :)
    Glad you and Sweet B had TLC time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful ... one I would love to try ... one day, one day :) ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cushion looks soooo comfy! I know what you mean about the windows - but it's so good to see the sunshine I can live with the shame for a little bit x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cushion, I love the colours you have chosen..Mother and daughter times are very special
    Happy new week
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it lovely to see the sun and the snow disappear! It was fun to have it for a while, but so glad it has all melted! So glad to hear you had some Sweet B time, I'm sure she felt so much better for it after her exams. Your cushion is gorgeous, the colours are so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty cushion - and sooo neat! Know what you mean about the sun on the windows - it not only shows up the windows but any dust in the home too! Love the robin piccy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I made rum babas last year, but with limoncello instead of rum, they were ok, but not what I expected, and like you I won't bother again.

    Love your hexis, and that velvet is such a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cushion is fabulous! Good job, it's really lovely. I have not yet explored the world of hexies...I'm not sure I really need another crafty diversion right now...

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello lovely Jooles! How gorgeous your hexie cushion is!! I love the sweet colours and the lovely shade of turquoise that brings it all together! Looking forward to your baking posts....I know I will be inspired!
    Wishing you a happy week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the cushion! The idea of putting the hexies in the middle of such a wide border was a fantastic one!!! It looks so effective!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cushion! The snow has gone from here too; washed away by lots of rain!! Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful cushion, I love the contrast of fabrics with the boarder! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello sweet Jooles! I am so glad the sun came out! Your hexie pillow is gorgeous! Beautiful job sweetie! The velvet is perfect! I am so glad Sweet B could come home for the weekend and you could give her lots of love! Percy Pecker is so adorable... I adore your British Robin! Lots of love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x