Tuesday, 1 January 2013

hello 2013 .....



..... and hello to you too!
I have missed you
x

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU MY LOVELY FRIENDS
2013 .... it's going to be a good one, I can just tell
a fresh new year
Oh, the possibilities
The 1st of January treated us to the first proper sunshine here for weeks
with a blue blue sky
Bliss
we headed off to the seaside for a picnic







I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas time
ours was just lovely
lots of family on Christmas day
but the rest of the time we have been a bit lazy
lay-ins, playing games, eating, reading, drinking

I don't have many Christmas photos to show you
  I have had a very grumpy camera for a while now
but here are a few
(I excitedly took delivery of a shiny new camera yesterday though)
:o)



 Our 2012 Christmas cake
It is still un-cut!
Sweet B and I had fun with this



 
thank you to Sarah Raven
 they are just so so so pretty and gorgeously fragrant
they make my heart sing

A few weeks before I planted these ones
I potted up some of the same variety which I got from a garden centre
and I have to say .....
the Sarah Raven ones are far superior in every way
they are fatter and sturdier
double the amount of flowers per stem
which gives them waaaay more fragrance
the quality is fabulous







Chocolate dipped dried fruits




these were fabulous and I shall be making them again







This is Cyril making himself at home in the bird feeder on Christmas morning
Percy was SO cross!



A lovely visit here
I have some super pretty fabrics which I couldn't resist 




Before I go
 I would like to say a huge, GINORMOUS ‘thank you’ 
from the bottom of my heart
 for your visits and kind words in 2012
 I treasure your comments
 and the fact that you take time out of your busy days to write them.

Wishing you all a very joyous, healthy and creative new year
let's see what 2013 brings!
I'm looking forward to sharing it with you

BIG love
x jooles x

25 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your lovely family! Sounds like a perfect Christmas - celebrations and relaxation in equal measures. Love your cake - mine never got iced so it's being eaten in the buff (the cake, not us!) Looking forward to seeing what Liberty loveliness you came home with...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Jooles and special wishes for 2013..sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family..Yes it was so lovely to see the sun today..lets hope we see a lot more soon
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year - your Christmas cake looks amazing, I love the Toadstools!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Christmas cake!!! :)
    Wishing you a very happy 2013 Jooles!
    Vivienne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful 2013. Thanks for sharing your lovely Xmas photos and your fantastic blog with us and look forward to reading lots more next year. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you and all your family Jooles. I love the reindeer bauble and I love your Christmas cake. The toadstools are really cute and I can see why you wouldn't want to cut it, but I bet it tastes great!

    So glad you've had a lovely Christmas with your family. Here's to many happy days in 2013!

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Happy New Year to you too Jooles ... Christmas cake looks lovely, that wouldn't still be uncut here!

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, there's something very 'blank canvas' about the beginning of a brand new year. Eeeep, exciting! Here's wishing you and yours a happy and wonderful 2013 Jooles.

    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post, I am glad you had a nice Christmas and the sun was shining for 2013 .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful photos! I love your Christmas cake- Mr Dotty and I had those toadstools on our wedding cake (it's a long story!). Happy New Year to you all!!!XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic cake it looks beautiful. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy new year to you too Jooles! It sounds like you had a perfect Christmas, quite similar to ours with being lazy and eating too much :0) Lovely pics, we have a Cyril too which eats all the peanuts - they are so cheeky aren't they?! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE LOVE LOVE your toadstool cake...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos, I may have to steal your toadstool cake as my daughter has just asked for a birthday cake iced in white with toatstools around it (not really sure why!)- that's before she saw your photo! Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year to you and your lovely family Jooles....love your gorgeous toadstool cake! Our Christmas sounds a lot like yours, lots of relaxing and eating far too much...the diet starts tomorrow, honestly!!

    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year to you and your family.
    I am in love with Cyril...........
    D x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wish you a Happy, Healthy New Year!
    Your pictures are great, love the squirrel and Liberty´s......I was there once.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year to you too Jooles ... love the cake and chocolate dipped apricots ... yum ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello sweet Jooles! I have missed you my friend! A very Happy New Year to you! I wish you joy, health and creativity as well! Your Christmas tree is beautiful, the desserts so yummy looking and those flowers are gorgeous! I am so happy you were blessed with sunshine and could enjoy a seaside picnic! I hope you will share the pretty fabrics you found! That shop is amazing! Cyril is so adorable! Poor Percy! :D I am looking forward to sharing 2013 with you too, sweetie! You always inspire me! Much love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely pics, I can smell those flowers from here!! Happy new year, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  21. And a very Happy New Year to you!

    Looks like a very nice Christmas indeed! :) We had lovely blue skies Jan. 1st as well . . . but much too cold for a picnic!

    I am so very jealous of your beautiful paperwhites- in a good way I promise you. They look much more cheery and festive then my amaryllis turned out this year- they were practically brown in time for Christmas!

    All your Christmas goodies look divine- and your tree is wonderful to!
    A toast to a new year!! *chink* :)May it be a special one!
    -Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy new year to you, too Jooles. I am already looking forward to stopping by and seeing your lovely crafty makes in 2013. Glad you had a lovely Christmas. That cake is fantastic!

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  23. So envious of your trip to Liberty, Ali

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy 2013! May it be your creative yet! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very happy 2013 to you too!

    Jo x

    P.S. LOVE the toadstools on the cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I l♥ve it that you do

Go On ..... Please leave me a comment ..... you know you want to really ~ It’ll make my day & I’d love to know what you think

I moderate my comments so it won’t appear on the post until I have read it.

If you ask me a question please pop back as I will always try to answer, you’ll find my answer under your original comment.

Love Jooles x x x