Saturday, 22 September 2012

Hola!



 Happy weekend to you!






At the beginning of this month, September
we all headed of to Gran Canaria for a week of sunshine and relaxation
a chance to re-charge our batteries
Mr Sweet and I feel that we are lucky that our teens
who are now 18 and 20 (just realised she is not even a teen anynmore :o( 
 still want to holiday with us
others may not agree
but we LOVE it
these family holidays feel precious
who knows how many more we will fit in
probably not many
:o(








One day we went out on a pedalo
and swam in the DEEP sea
(that's me in the middle, if you were wondering, with Sweet B to the left
 and My odd job (formally known as lovely G on here, I will tell the story of the name change next time) to the right)
I found it a little scary
I tried not to think about what may be lurking beneath
probably only sweet little fish
I do have a vivid imagination when I'm scared



We had cocktails ..... they were VERY nice



me with my two lovelies


Sweet B made me promise to have lots of photos taken
I usually try to dodge the camera






This is me and Sweet B snorkellling ..... the fish were SO pretty









I set myself a little holiday challenge:
cake for breakfast
ice-cream for lunch
and
sangria for tea
EVERY DAY
I may not have done it in the specified order
(although, hand on heart, sangria did not pass my lips with breakfast)
but, and I am very happy to report that I achieved it
one day I managed THREE cakes!
that, my friends, takes some doing.








I took lots of crafty things to keep me occupied
but hardly did a thing
I was far too busy being lazy












To be honest I am not really that keen the heat
actually, that is a slight understatement
I get rashy and sweaty and lethargic ….. bleh
I can usually be found in shady corners under my straw hat
when the temperature rises
 I use my built-in shade radar to locate said corners
sadly though I am outnumbered
my lot love it
when we arrived home I was one big heat rash
Its has almost gone now.



On a completely different note
I wanted to point out my pinterest tab
up there ↑ along the top bar
I know it has been 'the big thing' for a while now
I have been trying hard to resist 
it was never going to happen

I do LOVE it ..... so much inspiration
but OMG! it is a HUGE time eater 
anyway it's there if you fancy following me 
or just fancy an inspirational browse
 I have also added a teeny weeny 'pin it' button 
on the right side bar
 If you'd like to 'pin' any of my pictures you are more than welcome

Well I hope I didn't bore you with my holiday snaps!

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend
back soon
BIG love 
j x

 



21 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a lovely holiday ... I like the shade too ... searing heat doesn't suit my fair celtic skin ... off now to take a peep at your pins ... Bee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey been wondering where you are! Send you an email soon.
    Love Celeste x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great place for an holiday!!!
    It's funny you started to pin in the moment as me!!! I'll go right now to check your boards!!!
    Happy weekend Jooles, xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! Jooles I was just thinking about you as I sat stitching! Look at that beautiful picture of you and your children! I'm smiling now. I'm so glad you had a good holiday and I know what you mean about the heat.

    Has Sweet B gone back to uni yet? :-(

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephanie x
      ahhhh thank you, I hope your stitching is coming along nicely :o)
      My Sweet B goes back to uni next tuesday, it will be so empty here without here.
      love jooles x

      Delete
  5. Looks likes you had the most wonderful relaxing time, and how fantastic that your kids went along with you. I can't imagine too many kids of that age that would still want to holiday with their parents so it just goes to show what a strong relationship you must have with them both. :) I could just have a cocktail or sangria now, or maybe a slice of cake! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had a wonderful holiday! :)
    I have to admit to loving the heat and the sangria! ;)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely post about your holiday, I love your challenge and the Sand Sculpures.
    I love Pinterest too and your right it is a bit addictive!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's lovely that your family still all enjoy hanging out together, it's not odd at all. When I was the age your kids are I still loved holidaying with my parents and sisters. I totally know what you mean about swimming in deep sea, I get all weird and freaked just thinking about it! Sangria and cake everyday - that is my kind of holiday! So glad you all had a wonderful time. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jooles, sounds like a wonderful holiday and great snaps too.....
    Love the look of those outdoor lounges, I'm with you .......sitting in the shade with a big hat a cool drink and enjoying the lazy days.....

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you had a wonderful time in a beautiful place. I'm with you- family holidays will continue to be precious

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you all had a fab time! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your holiday snaps Jooles, looks like you had a wonderful time!

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures are fab Jooles, it looks like you had a great time! I can put up with the sun for a bit, but like you love a bit of shade too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you should be very proud that your children still want to holiday with you - I do hope this will be so with my daughter. Lovely holiday snaps - and good to get into them sometimes. I tried to this summer when I realised my 'don't take a photo with me in it' thing had been contagious and said daughter (who is young and pretty and thin) had stopped wanting to be in them too...I am now off to waste a bit of time looking at your boards!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. No you are not boring us with holiday snaps, you had a relaxing holidays on Gran Canaria and we are glad to be allowed to read your lovely story and enjoy your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had an amazing time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not boring at all! But I'm quite green with envy ... it looks like a fabulous holiday Jooles :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoyed nosing through your holiday snaps - it looks like you had a wonderful time!
    And don't worry - there will be plenty more family hols! We STILL go away with my parents & I'm 33!!! ;-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pure joy...I love family time. Especially when you have older children that want to spend time with you...we had a holiday this Summer just like that where even my married daughter and her husband joined us {actually we are blessed as they want to join us for everything!} Happy Fall to you.

    Your photos are so lovely and show so much JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks as though you had a glorious holiday and never fear, you will never bore us with your snaps, they are lovely x x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x