Sunday, 22 July 2012

Summer is here!



Mr Sweet and I have been 
working hard in the garden today
it is just so beautiful outside
sunny and warm with a light breeze...perfect
he has been cutting the hedges
(we have a LOT of hedge to cut)
and I have been weeding and tidying
...much nicer



 
I picked a little posy of summery roses to bring inside
 they looked so pretty in the sunshine
that I couldn’t resist taking a few snaps


'teasing Georgia'


 They are David Austin roses…. I just love them
I planted a rose bed when we moved here almost 3 years ago now
this should have been their most year beautiful year
but the rain battered them badly
I was so upset
but they are still going and with this little bit of sunshine
they are happy….just like the rest of us





 
We all very excited about the four peaches that we have growing too
I hope they will taste as good as they look





I should have my ‘flower patch’ quilt finished to show you soon
It has taken me soooo long
I think it's partly because the weather has been miserable
and partly because I've realised that I like small projects!

All that is left to do now is add the binding
which I have made....and it's sitting there staring at me
 


...and talking of flower patches
way back in May
I planted a cutting patch
you can read about it here
I think I planted it far too late really
but it is growing well
just no flowers yet
I have been guarding it from slugs and snails
boy we have had a lot!


 







You may have to use a lot of imagination as
it should look something like this!



Hmmmmm....

I bought the seeds from Sarah Raven
as you all know by now 
I am besotted by her style

I am still hopeful
:o)

Talking of my gardening guru...
I just stumbled across the photos that I took on our last visit to 
her beautiful garden
so I have another gardeny post lined up for you
hope that's ok?


My next big garden project is to plant a daffodil orchard
we have a few fruit trees at the top of our garden
Bramley apple, cherry, Victoria plum and fig
and I am desperate to plant under the trees 
with narcissi and daffodils
I saw it here and have dreamt of it ever since






As always…thank you for popping by to visit…. it means a lot
and I love having you here
you always make my day
Thank you for all of the kind comments on my last post
I think Sweet B will be posting again soon


I hope you’ve had some lovely sunshine
wherever you are this weekend
we are even dusting the BBQ off later
and I dare say that I shall be having a pimms or two

more soon
BIG love 
j x



 

24 comments:

  1. Another gardening post is ok with me Jooles. :)
    I love your yellow roses, I really need a yellow rose in my garden!
    My cosmos isn't blooming yet either I think it's the summer we have had to date!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are so lucky to have some sunshine. It is blowing a gale and raining here in my part of Scotland!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful roses Jooles! Yay for the sunshine! Oh I do so love Chawton, we visit quite regularly. Enjoy the new week,
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no - hope you haven't jinxed it by having a barbeque! I had planned a cottage garden with perennials interspersed with a few bedding plants but hardly anything germinated or grew so I was left grabbing a few cheap bedding plant trays and letting Little Son do what he liked with it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your roses and the peach are perfection and I'm sure the cutting patch will be too, given a few more days of decent weather! Planting the daffs and narcissi will be worth the effort next Spring. The garden at Chawton is always lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jooles,

    I am so very glad you have been out enjoying the fine weather we have all been hankering after for so long. I can spy little corner of your garden in your posy pictures and it looks most enticing. Say hello to Sweet B from me, please!


    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a summery post, hurrah that summer is here at last. Your roses are stunning, I love yellow roses. Sunshine in a vase! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it great to have a little sun on our backs at last?
    Your roses look gorgeous Jooles, and the flower patch may just surprise you yet!
    Love the idea of the daffodils :o)
    Hope you have a great week.
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, lovely post. Your ideas for the garden sound fab, it;'s just what I would love to do in my garden, especially with the cutting garden and the daffs :)

    The roses are looking pretty, everything looks so much nicer in the sunshine too so I'm so with you on taking the photos outside ;p and that peach, it's looking rather tasty, nothing better than the things you have made or grown yourself x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful yellow roses, I love them! They look so summery.
    I'm dying to see the quilt with the binding. I am slightly obsessses with patchwork and quilting at the moment and am studying photos and reading tutorials to try to work out how to do things! Loving it though.
    Happy Monday! (Sun's out again, hurrah!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pics Jooles ... adore yellow roses! How fabulous being able to pick your very own peaches ... don't think that would happen here, oop north! Have a lovely week,

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog and you made beautiful pictures of the David Austin rose, I suppose it is Graham Thomas. And oh, I also love Sarah Ravens Style. I just ordered her book Fresh from the Garden.
    From now on I shall follow your blog.
    Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Jooles,
    Am a loving your beautiful roses!
    I agree about Sarah Raven's wild seed flower garden.( lovely)
    We watched a series where she had sown her seeds all ready for the planting around the Olympic Stadium, I wonder if you caught this?
    We have it very autumnal here in the North west!
    soo enjoy that sunshine!
    Love Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad, Jooles that you having summer with lot of sunshine and divine roses! Your peaches look yummy hidden their beauty with leaves :o) Love your garden and David Austin rose as well.
    Happy week to all your Family
    Love
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful roses- as always your post is a feast of gorgeousness! My garden is looking lush and green after so much rain, but not much has flowered:S

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely flowery, summery post...I got out and did the lawn yesterday which was hard work as it was so overgrown, but was worth the effort as it looks so much nicer now. I'm hoping that as it's the holidays and I'm not doing school runs all through the day, a few long stints will make a big difference.

    We've been feeding the ducks and swans today, although it was fairly cloudy, not like the sunny weekend, I do hope it comes back!

    Four peaches are impressive, I once had three nectarines but as soon as I had my back turned they fell off and got buggy, however we do have a great plum tree which is laden again this year, so hopefully we will have jam!

    I love the idea of a cutting border...one day.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Jooles,

    Me again. Just to let you know I've mentioned your lovely blog in my current post. Hope you are well and happy.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jooles! I can only imagine that the roses smell as wonderful as they look! So pretty!! Good luck with your binding. It gets easier with each quilt. Let me know if you have any questions!! Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful post Jooles...your roses are lush! I love the idea of daffodils and narcissi in your little orchard....very magical :)

    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this
    post and the rest of the website is also really good.
    Here is my web-site :: flowers

    ReplyDelete
  21. Every weekend i used to go to see this site, as i
    wish for enjoyment, since this this site conations genuinely nice funny information too.
    Also visit my blog post ... educational toys for 3 year olds

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, I do think this is a great web site. I stumbledupon it ;) I
    will revisit once again since I bookmarked it. Money and freedom is the best way to
    change, may you be rich and continue to help others.
    My weblog ; educational toys for kids

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, marvelous blog structure! How lengthy have you ever been blogging for?
    you make blogging look easy. The overall glance of your web site is magnificent, let alone the content
    material!
    Here is my web-site :: Funny Halloween Costume Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I l♥ve it that you do

Go On ..... Please leave me a comment ..... you know you want to really ~ It’ll make my day & I’d love to know what you think

I moderate my comments so it won’t appear on the post until I have read it.

If you ask me a question please pop back as I will always try to answer, you’ll find my answer under your original comment.

Love Jooles x x x