Tuesday, 31 July 2012

A make a month ♥ July 2012



I know I say this every month
but....where oh where does the time go???
I can't believe it is the very last day of July today
but it is.

So, of course, I am here to show you my 'make a month' for July






Homemade blackcurrant jam ..... yummy
but it is not just the jam that I’d like to share
just look at those cute labels .....
made of course, by my lovely girly
my 'pretty label making expert' no less
I may push my luck and make some raspberry jam
and hope some more gorgeous labels appear
;o)








 
The fabric covers were cut from an old vintage sheet
that I picked up from a charity shop a little while back





 
We will of course be demolishing some of the jars ourselves
how could we resist?
Mr Sweet really LOVES jam …. I will have to keep an eye on him I think
I am hoping that at least some of the jars will be kept for Christmas gifts


  Sweet B has been loving her guest posting
it's really wonderful to share it with her too
she has loved getting all of your kind and encouraging comments
and now understands how much your visits mean to me too


 I must just mention a couple of things from my last post
I had a very kind comment which I wanted to share with you
 from Ellie Foster .....
” Just out of interest, Gardens Illustrated magazine for August 2012 has free Sutton's Apricot foxgloves with it”  thanks for sharing Ellie





So if you fancy growing some of those gorgeous peachy foxgloves yourself
you know what to do .....


 And guess who else commented? ..... Sarah Raven no less
I couldn’t believe it
 I ran out to tell Mr Sweet and he wondered what on earth was going on!
Thank you Sarah



Before I go here are some flowery snaps
taken in my garden over the weekend











Queen of Sweden




 Have a super lovely week
toodle pip

BIG love
j x






19 comments:

  1. Yet another beautiful post....your jam looks so lovely all prettyed up and with Sweet B's labels.

    So too, does your garden, those roses are such a subtle glorious colour.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Santa,
    you now I love jam, too, so.....
    ;0D
    xxxxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jam does look good and the jam pot decoration ~ wow! :)
    Lovely pics from your garden and thanks for the seed tip off, my foxgloves are all white, pink and lilac so a little apricot would be lovely!!
    Happy Tuesday Jooles,
    Jooles,
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, I love blackcurrant jam! I have been making wild plum jam this weekend, but my jars aren't prettily decorated like yours. My husband loves homemade jam too, so it never lasts for long! Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour of the decorations for your jam. You also have beautiful papavers in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely summer post joules....
    I have been catching up also with earlier post, LoVe and indeed have the same favourite movie as you!
    ( I aspire to have a chocolate shop, like this my self one day..hehe ( we can dream)
    Have a week full of sweetness...
    Love Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making jam and chutney for Christmas presents - but we tend to eat most of it before then! Same with the damson gin!
    Sweet B's makes and blog posts are lovely - you're a very creative bunch♥
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh that jam looks so pretty Jooles! Really must make some jam! Beautiful flowers too!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jooles, it might be because of the sun and heat but I am SWOONING at the prettiness of your blackcurrent jam and labels. Clever mother and clever daughter.

    Oh, and hello Sarah Raven!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! What a beautiful blog you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm, the jam looks yummy! :)
    and I love those labels! They suit the jars just perfectly!

    Gorgeous flower photos too! I feel all summery now! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Jooles
    Thank you for including me in your blog post. It was a big coincidence to see the foxgloves seeds as a free gift. Love your flower photos.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooh....quelle jolie fotos!!!!!!!! :O) J`adore!!!! :O)
    Et j`aore votre blog ausi il est MAGNIFIQUE!! Et je suis votre nouveux folleowers!! :O)
    With love from Moscow!!!
    xxx Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The labels are SO gorgeous, and I love the way you styled it all in purple with that fabulous retro sheet. You have inspired me to make labels to tie around the top rather than using adhesive ones, which never have very good designs. But with a tie on label, the sky is the limit - think of the fun your can have theming colours and festivals... I'm off to make some jam now Jooles... ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. of course sarah raven is following your blog ,your fabulous !!! .oooo i would love some of that jam on a scone( with cream of course) and sit smelling the beautiful flowers in your garden....arrrh heavenly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - I love those labels...wish I had the time to be so prepared and organised and those poppies are stunning.

    Have you thought about entering a picture of one them into the Sarah Raven photo competition over at the Garlic and Sapphire blog? You must take a look.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous jar covers and labels,in such pretty lavender shades. You and sweet B make a great creative team, Jooles! Your flower pictures are so beautiful too. Must make some jam soon, just to make the jars look so sweet!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. The jam looks so pretty - I wouldn't want to open them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just lovely, your photos are wonderful! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x