Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Raspberry & marzipan muffin recipe torture



Hello my lovelies
x
 
Yes you did read the title right
today is the first day of my 
'healthy eating plan'
so what better way to commiserate than write up my
raspberry & marzipan muffin recipe for you
good timing ...hey??
I obviously have cake on the brain today
as I have just made a batch of 
chocolate raisin muffins for my guys who are NOT on a 'healthy eating plan'
(lucky devils)
.....ooooh the smell
I didn't even lick my fingers....impressed?







I hope you all had a wonderful Easter
ours was a lovely and a quiet(ish) one with ~
a trip to the seaside
a little gardening....between rain showers
a visit to here
 lots of chocolate feasting
and my lovely G bought his very first car!!!
(I try not to think about how scary this is,
 I will wait until he passes his test and then I will panic!)
 
hmmmm....now I write it down it doesn't sound quiet at all


A few of you asked for my muffin recipe, so here it is ~






Raspberry & marzipan muffins

makes 12

300g self-raising flour
2tsp baking powder
12 cardamom pods
100g caster sugar
200ml milk
2 medium eggs
100g melted butter
100g chopped marzipan
200g raspberries 
(I often use frozen raspberries, no need to defrost either)


♥  Pre-heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan or gas mark 6
  Line a muffin tin with paper cases
  Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl
  Remove the outer husk from the cardamom pods and crush the seeds 
in a pestle and mortar and stir into the flour
  In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, milk, egg and melted butter
  Make a well in the centre of the flour and lightly stir in the milk
 mixture along with the marzipan and raspberries
  Divide the mixture between the muffin cases
  Bake for 18-20 mins, until risen and golden
  Turn out and cool on a wire rack
 
 
Gorgeous warm from the oven
if you are not on a 'healthy eating plan' that is
BOOO  HOOOOO

This recipe is from a Waitrose magazine from a few years back
I have used it ALOT.



Thank you to all of you who have tried my scone recipe
 and have let me know how you got on
all good stories so far I am glad to say :o)
I will pop this recipe on my sidebar along with the scones

It is actually hailing outside, I wondered what all the noise was....
Arrrh and thunder!

Sweet B and I are planning a bluebell walk tomorrow
I hope there will be no hail and thunder then
:0{


Back soon
Have a super lovely week
love jooles
xxx


19 comments:

  1. The muffins look lovely.
    I received an invitation to a wedding yesterday (in 11 weeks time). My first thought was 'How much weight can I lose in 11 weeks?'. My new diet failed this morning - chocolatines for breakfast!
    So, having failed miserably I think I will make the muffins and eat them warm!! Tomorrow is another day ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh - we got caught out walking Barney in that hail storm! it was sunny when we left - thanks for the muffin recipe, i might have to make them for the hubs as he's rather fond of muffins & marzipan, sure he'd like the two together!
    kellyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum....I am going to have to make those! I love marzipan but I really should be thinking of my waistline as it has taken a real battering recently with lots of excuses to have a picnic or a treat.

    We live just around the corner from a place that has the most wonderful bluebells, we took a walk there today but there are only a few at the moment, so I will have to keep popping back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jooles, boo to the healthy eating plan! :( Hope it works for you then at least it will be worth it! I meanwhile am trying to start exercising rather than the healthy eating option to get in shape for summer! Luckily I am quite petite and can pretty much eat what I want but there is a little bit I would like to shift before I will be comfortable in my bikini :D Fab recipe, will have to bookmark it! Hope your bluebell walk doesn't get rained off -it's been nice today but supposedly it's downhill from here for the rest of the week! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a lovely Easter!
    It has been very showery, hasn't it.
    Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm thank you for this delicious recipe! Hope you can get into the healthy eating without feeling too deprived! Ooooh I love bluebell walks...even in the rain :-)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sweet Jooles! I know you will do well with your healthy eating plan! Thank you for sharing your yummy muffin recipe! They look so good! I can't eat sugar or grains, but I will make these for my hubby and son. They will love them! I am so glad you had a Happy Easter with your dear ones. It sounds like a lovely day! I am sure G will be a very safe driver! He wouldn't want to worry his mum! I hope the sun comes out for your bluebell walk! It sounds wonderful! Thank you so much for your very sweet comment! it warmed my heart! Have a super lovely week too! Love, Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Thanks for this! Found some leftover marzipan in the baking cupboard the other day and was wondering what to do with it! Plus, there's still loads of raspberries in the freezer from the bumper crop at the allotment this year so I'm on it! Can't wait to hear about the bluebells too, it's supposed to be a really short season this year because of the weather so enjoy! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the recipe Jooles! Fingers crossed for you and B on your bluebell walk tomorrow. I'm so cold, I'm going to get my hot water bottle in a min.

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Raspberries are a fruit and therefore healthy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look too good to be healthy Jools!
    Thank you for your sweet comments, hope you have a great week too...enjoy the bluebells :o)
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh now no one (apart from me!) likes marzipan in this house but the sound of chocolate & raisin muffins....now you're talking!! I'd love to try them!! A perfect combination me thinks :) Eeeek to first cars! But lovely for him as well x A walk amongst the bluebells sounds just divine! Enjoy it lovely x

    Love & hugs, Jo x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh these muffins look delicious, I can't wait to make them! But like you, I really must start the healthy eating plan - not sure how much longer I can say it's baby weight (he's 7 months now) :) Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  14. THanks for sharing, they look amazing. But yes, torture for you...the things you do for your readers, you lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy, I have some marzipan left over from making my simnel cake, so I may have to make some muffins now! :) Hope you had a lovely Easter. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Jooles...Ooh, your muffin recipe looks wonderful..I think one of my daughters may be having a try of this...Well, done for your resistance too!...Enjoy your bluebell walk...I can't think of a lovelier way to spend an afternoon...
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmmm, Jooles!!! Knowing how delicious your scones were (and loooving raspberries), I think I am going to HAVE to give these a try when I'm feeling better. I could taken them to school for all the teachers on the 1st day back..... Or..... I could guzzle them all myself??? Moral dilemma!!!
    Good luck with your healthy eating endeavours! I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can book up another cruise for the summer. If so, I need to loose some serious pounds (so I can put them all back on again while we're away). ;-)
    Hugs,
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm going to have to convert the measurements of this recipe! It looks great though.. I love the flavour profile of cardamom, almonds, and raspberry. Must be divine.
    ~ sara

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gгeetings frοm Ϲalifοrnіa!
    I'm bored to death at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break. I love the info you provide here and can't
    ωait to take a look ωhеn I
    get home. I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm nоt even using
    WӏFI, ϳust 3G .. Anуωaуѕ, fantastіc blog!
    Also visit my blog ... swine flu symptoms 2011

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I l♥ve it that you do

Go On ..... Please leave me a comment ..... you know you want to really ~ It’ll make my day & I’d love to know what you think

I moderate my comments so it won’t appear on the post until I have read it.

If you ask me a question please pop back as I will always try to answer, you’ll find my answer under your original comment.

Love Jooles x x x