Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Scarves for Japan

 
 
 Hello
x

I have posted off the scarf I made for the 
Scarves for Japan appeal




It struck me as a wonderful idea
to make something with love and care
and send it off to people who need our love and care
You can read about this wonderful appeal here
Maybe you would like to join in too






The scarf I have made is toddler sized
I used some lovely Rowan luxury cotton yarn
that I had left from another project
so soft and snuggly
 





My sweet friend, who is Japanese, translated my message 
doesn't that writing look incredible?
(thanks lovey M)






I am hoping to make another one
a big one next time for an adult
At the moment they are collecting until January
so there is plenty of time to get involved if you'd like to






Hope you are having a great week
thank you for visiting

more soon 

j x



8 comments:

  1. Yay, am I first ;-)

    Your scarf looks beautiful and cosy. That blue is so soft and the picot edge finished it off perfectly.

    I am now sorely tempted to follow in your benevolent steps.... but where shall I find the time?

    WAAIILL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarf is beautiful Jooles! :)
    How lucky to have a Japanese friend to translate for you, when I sent mine I used the computer to translate it and then printed it out, so much nicer written down.
    It is a very good cause and it takes so little time to knit a child's scarf.
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous scarf, it turned out beautiful. That shade of blue is so very warm, love the color combination.
    Warm wishes for a happy midweek, sweet Jooles xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely idea {& a very lovely scarf too!} x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea. I love the scraf. I need to learn to knit . I am trying. I am sure that your gift will be well received. Just enough to know that someone was thinking of them and the tragedy that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh that's a gorgeous scarf! And even more so because of the sentiment & love behind it x Am sending you big hugs for your sad day today :( ......I shall fill your empty nest with comforting blankets, magazines, a big box of chocolates & you can have the remote control tonight x

    Big hugs Jooles x x x

    Jo x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful scarf, Jooles! I love the blue colour - and the yellow edging goes so well with it!

    And what a lovely idea! I am only a beginner knitter (so unbelievably slow). But maybe I could find a really quick pattern somewhere??? I'd love to join in with something so worthy.

    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done for making such a beautiful and practical gift for such a good cause - and it makes it extra special that your frined translated the words.
    Thank you for alerting us to this appeal, I shall pass it on to my family and friends too.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x