Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Cupcakes heal ❤



 Hello
Before I show you all something special
I really really need to say "thank you" to each and every one of you
who left me such sweet sweet comments in my hour of need
they got me all emotional
I just have to give you all a virtual hug
(((hug)))
You guys are amazing 
 


 Things are much improved here
my sweet B is settling well
making friends and finding her feet
There have been very sad and worring moments along the path
but we all expected that
I am sure there will be more to come too
but I am so proud of how she has coped


 

I haven't been sleeping well
worry worry worry
then yesterday my lovely girly text me
to say that she was making cupcakes with her new friend
at that moment I just knew it would all be ok
you only choose to make cupcakes when you are happy, right?
last night was a blissful sleep





What do you think of my special pretty flowers?
Sweet B picked them all from the garden
the day before she went of to uni 
Bless her beautiful heart
my lovely flower girl
 Oh how I miss her 





At the weekend I felt like I would never be able to sew again
silly now I know
but today I have been at my new sewing table
making something special for my shop this Christmas
I will keep you updated 





The above photo is a little sneaky peek 
I will be doing a blog post, very soon
about our recent home improvements







But for now I will love you and leave you
Grand designs is about to start
and I have a lovely glass of wine waiting
more soon
j x


13 comments:

  1. Cupcake making is definitely for happy people :D As are pretty flowers and fairy lights! Looking forward to the update on the home improvements ... I just love oggling other peoples lovely houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling a little better and your Sweet B is settling in well. I agree, cupcake making is definitely a happy occassion so she must be feeling content and happy with her new friends :) Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm get all emotional at the thought of my 2 little ones leaving home, they aren't even 3! I'm glad your feeling better about Sweet B, sounds like your both adjusting well. The flowers look gorgeous, love that little shelf with the jars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww that is good to hear :) Cupcakes certainly do soothe the soul & child within x I can't even begin to think about the Cupcakes starting Uni....Big Cupcake started at secondary school this term and I've been on high anxiety and panic alert! It's awful! I think things are calming down now though :)

    Hope you enjoy some sewing in the sunshine today x

    Jo x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine how you are feeling, but she is lucky to have such a loving caring Mummy......I love that she's making cupcakes......brilliant!!! Beautiful flowers too...
    Nattie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh Jooles, she will do fine with such a solid foundation holding her up! The flowers are beautiful, and cupcakes are definitely a good way to bond with new friends

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so good when you know you daughter is settling down and making friends...lovely to be baking cup cakes together too! It must make you feel better to know she's ok, even though you will still miss her. All your pictures look lovely today, such pretty things.
    Enjoy your afternoon, Jooles.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's horrid sending them away - and it doesn't get any easier. But you know you have done your job well when they go off with scarcely a backward glance - and it makes you realize how important it is to have your own interests to take your mind off that gap that has opened up in your life.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Jooles,

    I was absent for a few days from blogland and I am so sorry to read about these emotional times.

    Yes, cupcakes are happy cakes; that is what is written in the Greater Oxford English Dictionary! ;-)

    We are all with you and I am so glad you managed to get a better night's sleep.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad she is settling in and that you are a little happier!
    Definitely, cupcakes = happy. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've missed so many of your posts, just had to catch up. It sounds like your daughter's starting her new adventure the best way possible - cupcakes! :) When I was at uni, it was all about the welsh cakes. It sounds like she's going to be just fine. :)

    I love your photos and the flowers! Can't wait to see the update on the home improvments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you are feeling better, too. Your flowers are lovely and cupcakes always lift our spirits! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending you oooooodles of love my friend...and you are so right about cupcakes! Glad to hear things are going better.
    Your flowers and images are lovely. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x