Monday, 29 August 2011

Late summer bounty ...



 









 




  Lots of goodies from the garden
picked this morning

I don't think I can really call the 8 raspberries 'bounty' but they did taste good!

Devonshire apple cake and cinnamon baked plums 
stashed away

 I am really pleased with the runner beans this year
last year I planted 'painted lady' these were lovely but did get tough quite quickly
so this year I tried 'white lady' I think these are fabulous
long, straight and very tender, even when they get bigger.
 Just thought I'd share that with you in case you love runner beans too!


I feel ready to slip peacefully into autumn now 
 ❤

Oh, the cricket tea went down a treat
and it didn't rain....YAY!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend whatever you were up to

more soon 
j x


10 comments:

  1. Your goodies look lovely. When we visited my parents last weekend we raided their allotment - his runners were delicious. Not sure what type they were - will pass on your recommendation though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like summer has given you lots of yummy offerings. So pretty! Love these photos =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your beans look really good. I bought some Victoria plums the other day but they looked nowhere near as lovely as yours.
    A gorgeous basket of produce, it makes you feel good just looking at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bounty-full trug looks wonderful - all that colour and promise of deliciousness! I love Victoria plums and runner beans (I could eat a whole plate of runners for dinner, with just a smidge of butter...)Glad the tea went well!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely fresh pictures of your gorgeous fresh produce. I love runner beans too - we have a lot this year and it's one of my favourite vegetables which is lucky as it's the one we grow best! I'll make a note of the names of the ones you grew. Glad the rain stayed away for your tea...it cleared up here in time for our neighbourhood party too!
    Have a great week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will have to start calling you Lady Bountiful! LOL It is so satisfying growing your own fruit and veg and it certainly tastes much better- your basketful of goodies looks fabulous.
    It really feels like Autumn here the last couple of days

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks very yummy, there is nothing better then fresh produce grown by your own very fair hands, a truly rewarding feeling :) Enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, gorgeous, and beautiful photos, too! I'm so jealous of your bountiful garden; mine went to weeds early on and I never quite got it back. Well, that's what the farmer's market is for, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm, they look so bright and yummy!
    I love Autumn! I had some blackberries the other week, yum yum yum! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What delightful garden bounty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x