Friday, 8 July 2011

A little cheer-up shopping and front page excitement...




Hello
I'm still here
:o)
and I want to say a BIG thank you
to all of my lovely readers who pop by and for the lovely lovely comments that you leave
I love reading them and they really make my day
Thank you
x

 

Violet Skylet

 
(this photo has nothing to do with the post
but since I have not picked up my camera in a while I had to get some eye candy in somehow!)

Violet Skylet is my shop mascot
cute hey?


Well my sweet B went off on her travels with her huge rucksack early Monday morning

we had made a pact...
... NO TEARS when we said "goodbye" and we stuck to it 
(very nearly almost)
we waved her off
I can't tell you how hard that was 
I felt like my heart had been torn out  
to be quite honest I was a wreck for the rest of the day
(and then some!)

She has gone with her lovely boyfriend so they have each other 
The last text I had was to say that they had reached the airport in Costa Rica
after a night in a hostel they had a 9 hour bus journey, another 2 hour bus journey
and then a hike into the middle of a rainforest
I know they will have the time of their lives

I don't expect to hear anything until their return ...
... 25 days and counting ...

 




Things are slowly improving with my back

my lovely Pete took me out this morning
my first trip out in three weeks!
(except for my torture physio visits)
walking down the road
I must have looked like I was 100, which is actually good because I felt like 200 !
I needed supplies for a little pillow case embroidery project I have dreamt up
of course I will show you when it's done

I have cheered myself up with a little on-line shopping too


I was lucky enough to be on Etsy's UK front page this week

it was to celebrate July 4th
This treasury was created by the wonderful VeeDubz
and it is gorgeous
thank you to her x
 
 


Bright and Breezy b...

$15.50

Magnets, Deep in th...

$15.00

Old Glory - Red Whi...

$495.00

Red, white and blue...

$7.00

wooden folk art peg...

$45.00

Fun Sign on Blackpo...

$23.10

Bow Tie, skinny sty...

$25.00

Cute Candy Ceramic ...

$4.50

antique 1870 french...

$69.00

The STOCKHOLM red e...

$59.00

Dr. Seuss Baby Mobi...

$50.00

Sierra Top (XS-XL)

$70.00
Treasury tool by Red Row Studio.




This bunting is a bit of an attention seeker
this was its second front page appearance!


Wishing you all a wonderful weekend

more soon
j x

10 comments:

  1. I saw you on the front page! In fact, I meant to tell you, but being technologically unhinged I didn't know how to do a screen picture, and then it went, and I wondered if I had just imagined it ...

    Glad your back is improving - hope you can begin to think of the physio as a friend.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your back is improving - congrats for the Etsy front page! Pillowcase embroidery project there next perhaps?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the back is improving!
    Congrats on the Etsy front page.
    I waved my daughter off this week too, she went Romania to work with children, she's not away for as long as your daughter but I do know how you feel.
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on making the Etsy front page (again!) And I'm glad to hear your back is getting better - hope it continues to do well and that next time you go out you look & feel younger again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh congrats for being on the etsy front page, love that bunting! Glad your back is feeling slightly better too, and that you managed to get out and about a bit. Hope you manage to get some sleep without worrying too much about your daughter though - sure she definitely is having the time of her life, what an experience for them!! Have a great weekend, Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! All what you make is gorgeous... I'm glad your back is a bit better, don’t you over do it though.

    Have a lovely weekend....

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She will have such an adventure that she will remember for ever!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations for being on the front page...again....lol. I keep missing ppl only ever find out they been on there when they tell me. I hope you feel better soon and get your Back sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. xxxx snap!!! i got Enid from amazon uk recently too ! he he he parallel lives again .daughters on overseas adventures ,dodgey spines anything else ??? :P

    really really hope your back is better soon ,big mwah xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, don't you just hate it when they go away? We'll never be ready for it. But of course they'll have an amazing time, not that knowing that makes 25 days go by any faster. Your bunting is perfect, my dear! Congrats for being on the front page! Take care of your back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x