Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Bom dia ! ...

... that is "Good morning" in Portuguese

Well I am home from a fabulous family holiday 
and I am officially in love with Portugal 
it is just the most beautiful and fragrant country




We (that is me, my Pete, sweet B, lovely G and my mum)
stayed in a gorgeous apartment with a sea view in Luz 
(pronounced loos) 
it is on the south coast of the Algarve
We had so much fun doing all sorts of things together 
enjoying each others company
I feel blessed that we have each other
x







I hope you don't mind me sharing a few of my photos with you 

To be honest it is lucky that I have some, I had issues with my camera
probably because I let my bottle of water leak all over it
clever me
thankfully the sunshine eventually dried it!

"thank you sunshine "

Here are a few fruity photos for you
(Oooooh no no no! not that kind of fruity ;o) 









There are fig trees everywhere, they seem to grow like big vigorous weeds 
by the roadside and in fields
if only we were returning in a couple of months
what a figgy feast there would be!



Look at this peach tree
it was growing in someone's garden...lucky them




This is a WHOLE field full of orange trees 




A closer look
 (you may have to put your specs on to spot them though!)

And now for some floral ones...




 I can't tell you what any of these beauties are called, I'm afraid
but aren't they pretty?




I love love love going on holiday and finding exotic flowers
flowers that we couldn't ever grow here 












I feel relaxed and refreshed and ready to crack on with life again
It may well have something to do with a steady flow of sangria all week
In contrast my poor washing machine had a tough day yesterday
I will go a little easier on her today!

Although I have had a wonderful holiday
it is lovely to be back
there is no place like home for sure



more soon
j x

9 comments:

  1. looks just lovely, makes me want to go abroad!
    kellyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your photos are lovely- thank you for sharing! The blue of the sky is amazing. Glad you had a good holiday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photo's are gorgeous. Looks like you had a lovely time, I want to go there! Although doubt it will be ossible for a few years yet, I don't think it would be as relaxing with a 4 month old baby!

    Ashley xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. figs growing wild. Oh heaven. Makes me want to visit Portugal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEAVEN, I wish I was there now. I'm glad you had a lovely time!

    Beautiful pictures XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don’t think about it, you must go. I plan to go again, after I have saved up some more money. ;0) X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beeeeautiful! Can't get over the amazing clear blue of the sky; and those flowers are just gorge.
    Glad you had a lovely, sunny time!
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh that does look lovely.

    I really need a holiday,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - what amazingly blue sky! Thankfully the water doesn't seem to have done any lasting damage to your camera, as the photos are fantastic! Erika Price Jewelry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x