Monday, 23 May 2011

Small snugly shoulder book reading wrap blanket - Update


It has been some time now since my crochet post


  
 
and you guys were so very supportive and full of wonderful advice
it truely warmed my heart
thank you x

It made me realise how wonderful this blogging 'thing' is
To be honest, in the beginning, I wasn't sure if it was going to be for me
but I have been made so welcome
and have 'met' some wonderful new friends
I think I may have become addicted!

Anyway, back to the crochet
you will be pleased to know that I listened
I did!
  
Now what do you think...better?
(remember, I am a beginner, please go easy on me!)






I have crocheted two rows of white in between each double row of colour





I also decided to take out the dark raspberry colour



 
I think that the new, softer look 
small snugly shoulder book reading wrap blanket
fits in much better






Up to a few months ago I was solely a knitter
although, I have longed to be able to crochet for a long time
and now I can, I just love it...totally
I don't think there is anything more relaxing 
than hooking away whilst watching a bit of tv
with a cool glass of rosé
Gardeners world would be my ultimate crochet tv
I love Monty you see x 

My plan is to finish the
small snugly shoulder book reading wrap blanket - number one
for my sweet B to snuggle up with at uni
Good job she will be there for three years!


I would LOVE to know what you think
more soon
j x


13 comments:

  1. Well done you! The new blanket looks totally and utterly lovely, much softer for the room. And you will be happy to hear that I have been known to settle down on the sofa Friday evening with crochet, Monty and vino, the three go together quite well! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely - and thank you for joining in my giveaway!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blanket, Jooles. I'm looking forward to see it, when it's done. Keep ón the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new blanket- it goes very well with the room. I'm sure your daughter will be delighted to have one of her own too. I know what you mean about the blogging community- you people are so lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking really good, i love how's it's working, i really want to start a granny stripe blanket for my next big {long} project, just need to decide what colours to use!
    kellyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! The beautiful colours remind me of sweeties. Love the white stripes too. Can't wait to see the finished article!
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow..! I LOVE your wallpaper..!

    Ashley xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jooles, thanks for your comment :) your blanket looks just scrummy! I am actually going to try and teach myself to crochet very soon I've decided (I can't knit either though, so not sure if I'll actually be able to learn.) My ultimate goal is to make a granny blanket like yours! Jenny x
    p.s good luck with your tapesty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! It does look like candy. I think you've made a good choice--sometimes, there's nothing for it but to rip out and start over. I love it with the white stripes mixed in. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blanket, for someone who hasn't been crocheting for long I'd say you've done an amazing job! If only i were capable of crochet.. I've tried many times but just can't get the hang of it. I have however managed to get my hands on a beautiful mauve, lilac and white blanket crocheted by my great grandmother. It keeps me warm in the winter! <3
    One day I WILL elarn to crochet!

    Speaking of gardener's world and Monty, I believe my Auntie series produced and part directed 'around the world in 80 gardens'. Lucky lady!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it looks beautiful - very zesty!

    Have a fab day,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it looks gorgeous, such mouth-watering colours. :)
    Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you Jooles for your lovely comment on creJJtion! I just read your latest posts and this blanket...it looks amazing! I love the colors, the design... really, very inspiring.

    Have a wonderful evening,
    love Maaike

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x