Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Blue sky & crochet



Firstly the 'blue sky' bit
I took this photo earlier today
I stepped out of my back door to hang out the washing
 looked up, and this is what I saw, it took my breath away

 Now onto the crochet



I learnt to crochet at the end of last year
I was so inspired by Lucy over at Attic 24
her blog is just incredible
seeing all of her amazing creations really made me want to learn
luckily for me I have a wonderful friend who gave me lots of help and encouragement
(thank you lovely C, I couldn't have done it without you x)

I decided to make a 'Small snuggly shoulder book reading wrap blanket' 
snappy title, hey?!
when not in use it will lay at the bottom of the bed






Although I love the colours
(I picked them to look pretty with the wallpaper)
I think it is just TOO bright for the soft look of the room
so, and this pains me immensely .... I am going to unpick and start it again
this will also give me a chance to make my foundation chain a little looser
I am planning on adding in some white, maybe quite a lot of it
  to dilute to colours down a bit
I ordered some online, I hope it arrives soon
I am itching to get going on it again

hope you have blue skies today too

more soon
j x


8 comments:

  1. Lovely coloured crochet! You seem to be at the same stage as me regarding crochet - I'm itching to do more than straight lines now! Shame to undo all your hard work though.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, don't unpick it! Keep it as your first try, and then do another one, which might well be better, and different colours, but it is good to have a record of your progress. It looks pretty good to me, anyway.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD GRIEF DON'T UNPICK IT! You have worked so hard, and the colours are so juicy and lovely, KEEP IT and use it to wrap around your shoulders when you go out to the greenhouse in the morning, to cover your lap when you crochet in the evening, whenever! Start another one in a softer colour scheme for the bedroom (perhaps a range of soft greens and pinks with white?). Line up the yarns in a row at the bottom of your bed and see what works in the room, mixing and matching until you're happy. But my oh my don't unpick that gorgeous blankie! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my- that sky is BLUE!!
    Your crochet is beautiful- gorgeous colours and so even! Keep it, keep it, keep it! Make another in softer shades- it really is too lovely to undo!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ,you guys!
    Ahhhh, you guys x

    ....OK OK OK i won't unpick, you are all right, i will keep it as it is and start a new softer one, I am sure that i will return to it one day and turn it into ?????? suggestions please!

    Thank you so very much for your kind words and encouragement x
    j x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it great to see that blue sky:) As for the Blanket...I like it but have to agree that it is a bit loud if it is to mactch the Wallpaper....but I still think its lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can you not be happy with the blanket, it looks gorgeous! I love the bright colours....

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh your crochet is so yummy looking!
    I tried to crochet once, but I just couldn't get the knack of it, so I had a little hissy fit, threw it back in with the wool and went back to my knitting needles! I must learn! I want to make things as pretty your 'Small snuggly shoulder book reading wrap blanket' (love the name! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x